Thanks

bsr

BSR tuning ppc3.
    anyone done this to a c30 d5. 08.

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    I'd go to HLM if I was having my D5 mapped.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

This user has no status

Thanks
    TBH BSR are naff, screwed my old car up, and they couldn't even get it back to how it was pre re-map, theres a video of Alan (Barnsley Bill) driving over his at bruntingthorpe, the boxes may make a nice ornament, but I wouldn't use one to tune a car

Polestar are volvo recommended/approved, avoid anything agressive on a D5, as it will cost you dear, as many can testify, with DMF failures
    Last edited by cookie; Friday 21st September 2012 at 00:31.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by glynroberts View Post
    BSR tuning ppc3.
    anyone done this to a c30 d5. 08.
    Manual or auto?

Options for auto: http://www.rica-uk.com/viewcar.aspx?vehicle=1878

Options for manual: http://www.rica-uk.com/viewcar.aspx?vehicle=112
    ======================================
    My current car: Volvo V60 D3 R-Design (Saville Grey)

Turbo-Tuner USB
    http://www.turbo-tuner.co.uk

RICA ECU Upgrades
    http://www.rica-uk.com

RICA on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/RI...77897022224267

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    TBH BSR are naff, screwed my old car up, and they couldn't even get it back to how it was pre re-map, theres a video of Alan (Barnsley Bill) driving over his at bruntingthorpe, the boxes may make a nice ornament, but I wouldn't use one to tune a car

Polestar are volvo recommended/approved, avoid anything agressive on a D5, as it will cost you dear, as many can testify, with DMF failures
    That's your opinion mate, of which, were all entitled to one.

I have had BSR ppc on two of my cars now and the results have been nothing short of amazing. Currently running a stage 2 remap on my R with ppc and its perfect. Comes on and off the car when ever i want it to. Haven't had any problems either.
    Polestar are the Volvo approved buts thats only recently. Before that it was RICA, so it's who ever comes up with the cheapest options when the bids are in that wins!! Doesn't mean RICA/BSR/Polestar are any better than each other, just whatever works with your car at the time.

It can't have been BSR that screwed your car up else it would screw mine and everyone elses up too, so you may have had a problem with your car that you weren't aware of. You could of had a faulty ECU or something went wrong when loading the software that caused your issues.

You can't just poo poo something because of your own experience. It they were that §§§§ then they wouldn't be in business and i and thousands of other BSR cutomers would be far from happy!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Gizza job!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    You can't just poo poo something because of your own experience.
    That there is bizarre logic. People should ignore their own experiences because others say it is not so?

Perhaps we should all eat 5h1t as millions of flies can't be wrong?

Disclaimer: I have no experience of BSR, just Rica, HLM and ARD.

This user has no status

Thanks
    1. not really any point in responding, mine was one of very first ME7's off production line, you do not remove map when you return to standard, you just load a map that is 'same' as a stock map - it clearly wasn't, car was running perfectly - loaded map - ran like crap, 'removed' map and it still ran like crap just slower, and no where near as well as it was running as stock - nothing changed, and after then remapped several times to get it running properly, ran fine for 6 years with no sensors or anything electrical or engine related changed (except for Exhaust - supplied for very good price by BSR for all the grief they caused)- Pre remap had exhaust valves replaced, both lambda's for genuine volvo parts, brakes changed to 302's with genuine pads and disc's, suspension for koni adjustable

2. It wasn't only my car

3. Rica Sports map for the D5's - how many DMF's met a premature demise

Now I'm not gonna comment on your car, as have never driven it, and don't know how often you have driven car on track, to see its limits, but if 4wd is still working and G'box is still running fine and origional, 'handling' and 'useable power' are probably an unknown even to you

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    ha ha ah deleted my post already!!! You boys are swift!!
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s70t5chris View Post
    pmsl
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    3. Rica Sports map for the D5's - how many DMF's met a premature demise
    Actually, there are ZERO Euro 4 D5s (which the C30 is) with DMF failures running the RICA Sports Map.

Also, you don't need to choose the sports map. The RICA upgrades for the Euro 4 D5 models start with a map that is the Polestar equivalent, which is the mildest option and is much better value than the Polestar upgrade. For the manual Euro 4 D5 models, you can choose one of the following levels of RICA upgrade -

1. 205 hp / 450 Nm (Polestar equivalent)
    2. 226 hp / 460 Nm
    3. 240 hp / 480 Nm
    4. 253 hp / 548 Nm
    Last edited by turbo-tuner; Friday 21st September 2012 at 11:02.

Turbo-Tuner USB

RICA ECU Upgrades

RICA on Facebook

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by S70T5Chris View Post
    Not that swift, I saw it.

Getting older, junior member.

Thanks
    Thanks guys. Much obliged.

trying hard to look busy!
    Thanks
    400 lf/ft of torque from a remap!!!! thats good numbers. what else is needed to get them figures from a D5?
    It's a 5 Cylinder Orchestra!
    R.I.P. Kyebosh (Alan) you're memory lives on!

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavis View Post
    400 lf/ft of torque from a remap!!!! thats good numbers. what else is needed to get them figures from a D5?
    As long as it's a Euro 4 D5 manual, nothing else is needed.

Turbo-Tuner USB

RICA ECU Upgrades

RICA on Facebook

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    MTE maps are £435 from Don at kalmer... just putting it out there :-)
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosser View Post
    That there is bizarre logic. People should ignore their own experiences because others say it is not so?
    +1. I try my best not to comment on stuff I haven't used myself and it niggles we when folk make totally unfounded judgements on kit they haven't been near. I have no experience of diesel maps so can't help I'm afraid - there are a number of established tuned D5's on T5D5 if the OP needs further comment. Not stirring just concious that there are not many mapped D5 owners on VPC (or perhaps I ignore their posts...!?).
    2005 (163) V70 D5 SE Premium Pack 130k. 10" sub/Fli amp with Grom audio kit. Shark stage 1 with EGR delete and 320mm discs. Enjoying the comfort and (relative) economy.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosser View Post

Perhaps we should all eat 5h1t as millions of flies can't be wrong?

Disclaimer: I have no experience of BSR, just Rica, HLM and ARD.
    What i mean is, one person putting down a product doesn't mean the product is sht. That person may have other reasons why a product doesn't perform aswell that they are unaware of and i can think of one very recent perfect example of that happening . I won't name names as they are a forum member and i don't want to use them as an example. It is very easy to shun a product when its not the product that is at faultand if the same product was put on a different vehicle, then the result would be completely different.

If 99 people say something is crap and 1 says its not, then clearly the product IS crap!

I'm not saying we should ignore other peoples experiences, just that we should not read into them so much and take it at face value and with a very broad open mind.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    BSR Map = on off switch, try logging it with a vvt or vida and see what the throttle position -etm and turbo duty cycle are when you start to build boost' and when you ring to ask about it all you get is we sell thousands of maps with no complaints '' yea right just because a car is like an on off switch make folks think ££££ me this is fast.

logged mine and 15% peddle gave 100% etm' not hard to see all there bull §§§§.
    a waste of money, I could log codes with it but running over the paper weight was a better bet .

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Barnsley-Bill For This Useful Post:

glynroberts (Wednesday 9th January 2013)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    So what is it your saying is wrong about BSR mapping? I have a stage 2 BSR map and it works totally sweet on my car. Exactly what should the Throttle pos., ETM and Turbo DC be when you start to build boost? Are you saying that you have 15% Throttle position and ETM was reading 100%? Maybe something is wrong with your car....
    What should it be then? What are the readings with an OE map?

I disagree that they are a waste of money too. My personnal experience with BSR on two different cars has been excellent!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Logging it with a vct and nothing wrong with the engine as it was brand new, pistons ring rods shells everything.
    get someone with a vct orVidaa to log yours and see what the throttle position, ETM, turbo duty cycle you may be surprised' but if your happy with yours so be it, each to there own.
    I'm just telling glynroberts what mine was like and I bet yours is if it is a stage three map as all I got from them when I complained was' our maps are all the same on each stage with no complaints.
    But most people who go for a remap think wow when when they come away with both wheels spinning with the slightest pedal movement.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Barnsley-Bill For This Useful Post:

glynroberts (Wednesday 9th January 2013)

Thread Information