Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

S70 Door Handle Help

So I picked up 4 s70 door handles for my 850. Also doing a lock delete too Now they aren't the same color as my car, so I have to paint them. I'm trying to split the pull part from the stationary piece and I've already popped the spring out. But this little brownish plastic clip is still holding it together. I was able to pop it up, wiggle it around, but I'm still having trouble. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Just use a passenger door handle without the barrel?

This user has no status

Thanks
    I already have that... But my question is how to I disassemble the handle so I can paint it???

This user has no status

Thanks
    Figured it out... Just happened accidentally.

For future reference if anyone ever has to do this I'll type up a little tutorial here. Hopefully it'll make sense and it isn't too hard to follow without graphics. I will end up making a video on it so someone can use it as a reference in the future

-Remove the spring
    -Remove the rubber gasket from the handle (Might be able to do without removing the rubber, but this is how I did it)
    -Close the handle all the way past the stationary piece
    -Pull handle and stationary piece away from each other once you're in that past close position
    -Then remove brown colored clip (Pulls straight out from the back side of the handle. Has 2 clips which can be seen by 2 small holes)
    -Leave handle in that "pulled position" then continue to pull the handle as if you were going to open the door.

And there you have it, it's apart!

Thread Information