Join Today
    Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts

Electric window motor.

The electric window motor seems to have packed up on the passenger side, does anyone know if it's possible to change just the motor, or does the whole regulator assembly need to be changed?

Ghost Rider
    If I want your opinion, I'll
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,186 Posts
    On my 850 the motor/gearbox is removable.

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Cool, just wondering if as the C70 is pillarless, the set up is different.

I might act crazy but i don't
    smoke crack

Thanks
    The mechanism on the C70 is different instead of have the scissors jack looking thing to move the windows you have a cable that runs round 4 rollers 1 in each corner. These rollers are made from some sort of very brittle plastic and eventually the break up leaving you unable to open / shut the window. As far as im aware there is no way to replace the rollers the only option is to replace the whole mechanism which is about £500+.
    Although if your lucky just the motor may of packed up which shouldn't be too hard to come across but doing anything inside a C70 door will be tricky as they're there's very little room in there.
    I loved my C70 but thru knackered window drove me mad lol.
    Currently driving a BMW 318 because it was cheap

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave86 For This Useful Post:

stribo (Sunday 9th September 2012)

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    I have spare motors on frames for both sides if you want one. Fraz (Bubba) is your frame install expert - he's done his many times. Easier to replace the whole reg on its frame than trying to swap the motor off. Stribo where are you based?
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

will it never end?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly Dave View Post
    I have spare motors on frames for both sides if you want one. Fraz (Bubba) is your frame install expert - he's done his many times. Easier to replace the whole reg on its frame than trying to swap the motor off. Stribo where are you based?
    Sorry for the late reply Dave, I'm in Basingstoke. I tried it today and it worked fine, so I think further investigation is needed. How much would you want for a motor and frame complete?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Like dave says i have changed both of mine more than 10 times. Went through 4 of them in total. The motor can be changed but is a massive pain. Much easier to just change the regulator.

Budget at least 4 hours in order to get it set up right.

The problem with these is that the window lines up with the force of the door shutting. Hence it is very time consuming making small adjustments. My drivers one is still not right and i dread to even try and tweak it.

If you purchase the reg off of dave, i'll happily provide any assistance over the phone or email
    Bubba

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bubba_1986 For This Useful Post:

stribo (Saturday 15th September 2012)

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    Sorry for the late reply Dave, I'm in Basingstoke. I tried it today and it worked fine, so I think further investigation is needed. How much would you want for a motor and frame complete?
    30 quid to you excluding delivery.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

This user has no status
    Thanks
    It states in the owners manual that the window mechanisms in the C70 should regulary be serviced and lubricated up with a certain type of oil / grease but this is not carried out in the cars annual services, not sure if lack of oil / greasing causes causes things to stiffen up resulting on excess force being put on the mechanisim resulting in the rollers breaking ... its just a guess so dont shoot me !!
    My drivers window has recently started to squeel like mad when operating the window, this trip home im going to dedicate a day to stripping the door cards off and seeing what i can lube.

Thread Information