Join Today

Thread: P0134 OBD Code

This user has no status
    Thanks

P0134 OBD Code

Without reasising I cleared a 'pending' code on the AWD this after noon....as soon as I got eratic idle and constant plumes of black smoke from the exhaust as if it was running to lean....was like an old morris maestro diesel I once had lol

The code is P0134, description is 02 Sensor Circuit No activity Detected - Bank 1 Sebsor 1

I take it this is the lambada sensor?

Cheers
    "Just for once, let me look at your Volvo with my own eyes."

This user has no status
    Thanks
    just need to be sure, bank 1 refers to the first sensor at the front?

cheers

This user has no status

Thanks
    Yes, that is correct, ususally you get a P0135 but your code mean it`s completely kaput.

Had this on my 960 with exactly the same symptoms, you will only get about 10mpg!

This will be interesting to see what happens depending which O2 sensor you get and where from.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    bit confused now as there seem to be sensors from Bosch, NGK, Denso and Im guessing OEM from Volvo - prices from £60 up to £100.....Im planning on remapping the car in a few months so need to get the right one for the job.

Out of interest does the AWD share the same sensor as the T5?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vaderboyo View Post
    bit confused now as there seem to be sensors from Bosch, NGK, Denso and Im guessing OEM from Volvo - prices from £60 up to £100.....Im planning on remapping the car in a few months so need to get the right one for the job.

Out of interest does the AWD share the same sensor as the T5?
    I always say everyone to there own, but i only speak as i have found.

My 960 had a rattly cat. so had it replaced together with new sensors, got home with black smoke pouring out the exhaust and would not run properly ,no power.
    Took it back and they changed the sensor, was a bit better but the next day same thing.....to cut a long story short took it to Volvo for two days in the garage and they replaced both sensors, car went like a rocket no problems at all. Cost me an extra £300 on top of £350 at original garage so i threatened them with the bill from Volvo and they gave me half back.

So all i can say is don`t play with O2 sensors get the correct one from the dealer. Pay once and fit once, i believe they are towards the £200 mark now as i am talking four years ago about the 960.

You can pay £100 for one from somewhere else but will it work ok? You MAY be lucky it is a chance you take, but remember you cannot take it back if it doesn`t work as it`s been used?

I see you are 2.4 so i don`t know without checking if your exactly the same spec. as T5 Phone a dealer with your reg. number and they will tell you for sure.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 960kg For This Useful Post:

vaderboyo (Saturday 8th September 2012)

Thread Information