Join Today

Thread: Moding Help

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks

Moding Help

Right then so I've been to 3 car meets now and have been ogling everyone's modification's with great interest, and now I am starting to try and put together a plan for what I want to do with my car. I have a 52 reg S60 2.3 T5 which I brought 4 months ago and have at the moment fitted a IMIV RTI kit so that I could have my Iphone sat nav on the RTI screen rather than the crappy VOLVO sat nav and have spotify stream what ever music I want to my car stereo or watch netflix while parked up wiating for people. I have also been sourcing some little parts that were damaged when i first got the car. I am still looking for a carpeted boot tray that covers the spare wheel as this was missing in my car and a new center console cup holder as I have the dreaded broken flap of the pre 03 models as it stands the boot tray is my main priority.

I appreciate any advice on what I should look at upgrading/changing 1st. I'm not one for the load and shouty mods so if the only benefit is a cool noise its a secondary concern. I'm just looking for suggestions that will improve my overall performance and handling. I am trying to sort out what would be best to do and in what order so I can start putting cash aside now and intend to do as much as I can once i get my bonus in December.

The things I have been looking at so far are

Remap either MTE or RICA opinions welcome or other options if any

MBC

Induction Kit - I have read various things some saying they improve performance others saying they don't really do much in terms of performance as the volvo stock air box is good as it is and the induction kit just gives a nice sound to the engine.

Polybush mounts - very good recommendations on most forums I have read

Uprated Brakes - I have read you can use the xc90 brake discs and calipers on the s60 but you need to slightly modify the carrier, think i'll do a bit more reading into this first but other options other than the straight R conversion would be appreciated

Sports Exhaust - don't intend on doing the exhaust this year but it is on the agenda for mid/late 2013 if I don't end up going to vegas or if I do and come back with more cash than I went with.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
    Last edited by ExternalError; Wednesday 5th September 2012 at 23:32.

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    HLM in bromsgrove will do you a decent map for the ME7 - Autotech maps are pretty good & not that expensive - around 300 quid IIRC.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Deffo get the polybushing done, will improve the ride no end.

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    I believe an MBC is a no no with the ME7 engine, but Martin seems to have got one to work.

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    I believe an MBC is a no no with the ME7 engine, but Martin seems to have got one to work.
    Martin could get a Gas cooker to run on Electric.....

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to V70 Graham For This Useful Post:

craigoodwood (Friday 14th September 2012),M-R-P (Thursday 6th September 2012)

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    When you get the exhaust done, a sports cat would be a good mod. Maybe have a look into a fmic, i think they can give good gains on these (when combined with a remap)
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    I got it to work but getting it to behave is a pain lol' I shouldn't have been such a tightass and got a good one!
    Bloody good for overtaking tho
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Front mount Intercooler, MTE stage 2 remap, 100 cell race cat. Thats it, nowt else needs doing. 300WHP loads of torque, fast enough for anyone without any change in the cars drivability. Ive been running mine like that for a good while with no issues or problems.

For handling improvements change your tyres, Vredstien sassanta are my personal fav's.

Enjoy :-)

Thread Information