Join Today
    ^_^

Thanks

Question V70: Central Locking Party

A daring first post - central locking on my V70 is having a party (without me I might add) and after M-R-P got me on the forum I've lurked for long enough - question time oh oracles of truth - sanity check before asking questions involved

• Did a search on the forum
    • Did a bit of googling for good measure
    • Asked M-R-P
    • Played hunt the fuse/relay
    • Achieved total confusion

To explain better: lock the car and the following may (or may not) happen
    • the front doors lock (but the back doors do not)
    • the front doors lock but one of the back doors locks
    • the front doors lock but the tailgate stays unlocked (I have lost a crate of beer to the midnight crazies this way )
    • the car locks completely...leave for 5-10 minutes and one of the rear doors unlocks

Unlocking is a similar party
    • Unlock the front doors, rear doors stay locked including tailgate
    • Unlock the front doors, rear doors stay locked. Tailgate "half" unlocks (it catches before you can fully open it)
    • Unlock the front doors, push the "lock button" on the driver's door and let it force the doors - this normally fixes the tailgate but rarely fixes the rear doors

Immobiliser has eaten a key already (not too bothered but I am down to the last one) and the alarm is only just alive ie it goes off when it shouldn't rather than when it's set.

So there we go - crazy central locking party - any suggestions to diagnosing this one or, if it comes to it, how I change it back to manual locking and still use the car?

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Ello dude!
    Finally made it then
    Just to add to this...
    the car had a whack down one side from a van, we changed the two affected doors - locks, windows 'n' all (see thread I started a while back) but nothing changed. I've looked for the central locking reset info but not found anything.
    the alarm module is on it's way out but I don't think it can have an effect on the central locking (although it's a P2 and farting in the cabin at the wrong time can annoy it) I've not put the code reader to it you but I don't think the torque app will be able to read the door codes.

Any help you guys can offer would be brilliant.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    I've just found this on VOC. It may work, if not there's another possibility...

Try performing a reset of the UEM (Upper Electronic Module), this controls the door locks and window operation:

- Close all of the doors and bonnet.
    - Key in position II engine not running.
    - Hold both the driver window and passenger window switches in the driver door panel in the closed or up position for 5 to 8 seconds after the windows are closed.
    - Release buttons.
    - Remove the ignition key.
    - Operated the remote twice. lock/unlock lock/unlock.

This will reset the UEM brain. This can correct faulty operation of the sunroof and/or erratic door lock function.

Anybody tried this? All my locks etc work fine so no point in me trying it.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

^_^

Thanks
    Did that - the car hadn't "seen" my key fob for quite some time so while the problem isn't worse I do now have <whinge>alarm service needed</whinge> from the info system...

...ho hum

Thread Information