Join Today

Thread: Volvo dice

This user has no status

Thanks

Volvo dice

Hi all,

does anyone have a volvo dice with use with the vida volvo software.

Can any user please tell me if you can use a elm327 with the vida software or only the dice as i cant seem to get the vida to reconise the elm is connected.

Secondly what can vida do, i am aware it can read the fault codes of the volvo but can it go as far as setting up the volvo eg. Drl on/off ( its all i can think of right now)

thanks

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    yep, there's loads of things it can do, most of them are pretty pointless but drl and the like.
    I still think youre having driver issues with your cable tho.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m-r-p View Post
    yep, there's loads of things it can do, most of them are pretty pointless but drl and the like.
    I still think youre having driver issues with your cable tho.
    yep mate , i had a thought of getting the softwares for faults as i have 4 vehicles myself and being asian every other asian is a cousin or an uncle so it will be handy to clear faults. But with the volvo ( my own ) im struggling to do a lot with it. I can certainly say its the most intelligent car ive ever bought... Other cars you can "trick" but no not the volvo..!!!

With the volvo i cant get the elm wire to work with the vida software, it doesn't even recognise it so i had a thought now of purchasing a dice. But if i can get away with the elm i will be happier as the dice isn`t a cheap piece of kit. ***if anyone has one ill be happy to take on loan for a week or so***

im in 2 minds at the moment, shall i purchase a dice, or just hold back until i can find a way and pray the elm works with vida.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    elm will not work with vida
    P1 V70 2.5T Scorpion Exhaust, 3" downpipe 100cel cat, BSR induction, KKK24, GWE 3" Maf to turbo pipe,japanifold , 2010 V50 T5 Alloys Projector Headlamps with 5k Hid kit Quickshift kit, strut brace, Koni Yellow Sport,IPD BCS AET motorsport remap
    Previous: 2004 XC90 T6, 240GLT Estate, 343DL
    Toys: Capri 3.7 Twin turbo, Kawasaki ZX10R 2006,

This user has no status

Thanks
    dice prices have dropped since I got mine, think I spotted one for 60 quid but as for the quality I'm not sure, knock off of a knock off springs to mind. The parts section and guides on replacing parts I have found invaluable!

mick

07' V70 T5 SE in nice police white
    Dice/VIda

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    Dice and Vida prices haven't comedown and it costs as much as ever when obtained from proper sources.

Just a reminder that the discussion of obtaining, selling, using, trading, borrowing etc of illegally sourced Dice or Vida is heavily frowed apon and against the rules.
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Santa For This Useful Post:

andyb1375 (Monday 6th May 2013)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Dice and Vida prices haven't comedown and it costs as much as ever when obtained from proper sources.

Just a reminder that the discussion of obtaining, selling, using, trading, borrowing etc of illegally sourced Dice or Vida is heavily frowed apon and against the rules.
    That's the end of that then.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    ELM cables will not work with VIDA,

It needs to be a DiCE cable/box.

You know where to get them from I am sure. Make sure you get a 4 colour LED model, and not the Blue only LED model (they have different internals).

Mine cost £86 delivered from Hong Kong. After a few hours of tweaking to get it working its been faultless and has paid itsef back many times over
    2010 XC90 D5 Polestar.
    ex: 2004 V70 D5 163 facelift
    ex: 2001 V70 T5 gay-tronic

Thread Information