Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

s40 T4 questions

Hello,ive just joined and have a couple of questions.I v e got a S40 which is stripped out and prepped as a track car,and am struggling to find anywhere that does Cobra seat subframes as im putting these in as well as a rollcage.When i take the standard seats and steering wheel out,the SIPS light will come up on the dash wont it?Can it be be turned off,and if not is it a MOT failure?
    Cheers Paul

UK League Champion SQ Advance
    4k Euro EMMA

Thanks
    Hi

YOu might be able to use the EVO 3 seat and set up. As for the SIPS i believe it will error. But you can turn the error off with a ECU tweak..

This user has no status

Thanks
    You could use Evo 1-3 subframes, but I guess you are going for fixed bucket seats? You will find it easier to get aftermarket seat subframes for the Evo 4-6, these also fit easier as well. I've not seen Cobra specific subframes for the Evo, most tend to be Recaro or Bride. You can get OMP which look like they will work with side or bottom mount seats.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OMP-SEAT-S...item51a0707b55
    I had Evo 4 Recaro's in my V40, which now live in my dads Evo 1.

Also had Evo 1 seats which have since been skipped.

As for the SIPS light you can bridge the connectors with 2.2Ω resistor which will stop the light showing.
    1:Expensive option
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RECARO-Uni...item519df59767
    2:Cheaper option:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-...item3a769e61ac
    3:Just buy 2.2Ω resistors, the reason for the fuse in the second option is that if you crash you don't set the wiring harness on fire when the airbags try to deploy.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FIREBOLT For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Friday 31st August 2012),T4PAUL (Friday 31st August 2012)

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Wow, first post and it's a good'un. Well done buddy
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for that,so do the Evo subframes fit straight in,or do they need modding?
    Last edited by T4PAUL; Friday 31st August 2012 at 18:27.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Also,silly question,but where do i plug the resistor in.I changed the Airbag steering wheel in a Golf VR6 i had,and it plugged into the airbag connector behind the wheel

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T4PAUL View Post
    Thanks for that,so do the Evo subframes fit straight in,or do they need modding?
    Any Evo subframe from 1-6 will fit, the only difference is with standard Evo1-3 subframes, you have to shorten one corner as the floor pan is a slightly different shape (5 minute job even with a hacksaw). Thats the only reason I said 4-6 is easier to fit, as they bolt in with out any modification at all.
    The Evo 4 seats I got from ebay for £25 & fitted them the same day in about 45 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by T4PAUL View Post
    Also,silly question,but where do i plug the resistor in.I changed the Airbag steering wheel in a Golf VR6 i had,and it plugged into the airbag connector behind the wheel
    Pretty much the same, just bridge the terminal with the resistor, a friend of mine soldered the resistor in below the connector as he didn't want them falling out on his car.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FIREBOLT For This Useful Post:

T4PAUL (Friday 31st August 2012),T4Rick (Friday 31st August 2012)

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Before you do that, if you know a good volvo garage they may be able to turn the light off via the ecu.

I had a decat on my t4 and my volvo garage tweaked something on the ecu software settings so that the ecu would ignore the 2nd lambda telling it there was something wrong with the emissions.

Apparently theres quite a few settings that can be adjusted with the right kit (and if you know what you are doing).
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status

Thanks
    Cheers,there is a local indy to me,who are all over the car when i take it in there!will ask them if they can do it

Thread Information