Join Today
    T5 powered and retro
    Thanks

C70 electric seat motor change

Hi all, the rear backrest won't move on my passenger seat, all other functions are fine. I have been given a donor seat (cheers Shepbomb) and plan to change the electric motor in the backrest. Will the seat ecu need to be recalibrated or will it just work when I refit the seat into the car???

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Try working on the switch first as that might be the part at fault so change the switches around

T5 powered and retro
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    Try working on the switch first as that might be the part at fault so change the switches around
    yeah was thinking of doing that first. Swapped switches and no different so changed motors and no different. Eventually traced it to a bad connection on the plug to the seat ecu!!! Spent 4 hours in the rain mostly, doing musical chairs. End result is that I have a semi reclining passenger seat. It wont go all the way flat back but I got so wet i'd had enough. Anyone got any ideas why it only goes half way back???
    Could do with sorting it out before Trax on saturday as its our accomodation for the night lol

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by munster732 View Post
    yeah was thinking of doing that first. Swapped switches and no different so changed motors and no different. Eventually traced it to a bad connection on the plug to the seat ecu!!! Spent 4 hours in the rain mostly, doing musical chairs. End result is that I have a semi reclining passenger seat. It wont go all the way flat back but I got so wet i'd had enough. Anyone got any ideas why it only goes half way back???
    Could do with sorting it out before Trax on saturday as its my accomodation for the night lol
    There you go sorted it for you

it could be a cut of switch some where, only letting it go down so far and then stopping the motor

T5 powered and retro
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    There you go sorted it for you

it could be a cut of switch some where, only letting it go down so far and then stopping the motor
    Dunno mate, just gonna let our lass have the drivers seat and i'll have the back ache cum morning.

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    theres always the boot lol

Thread Information