Join Today
    This user has no status

Darlington, County Durham, North east England.
    Thanks

Cheap and easy mods????

Hi all, I have just joined this club as i've just recently invested in a volvo v40. I would love to know if there any cheap performance mods that I could do to my car that would give it a bit more umph at the pedal. I have a very small budget so I'm looking for cheap mods to start with. I would also like to know what nice exhausts would fit onto my car with none or very little work (links would be nice).

I have a volvo v40 1997 1.8l 16v

Thanks

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    I have a s40 1.8vvt x reg mate and I think they are a nice car.mods wise it's just a air filter and racecat and exhaust but that is it really.and the gains are minimal say 20 bhp but then you have not got the problems of a turbo etc. I'm driving my s40 round silverstone at trax in sep because my 940 won't be ready by then.

This user has no status

Darlington, County Durham, North east England.
    Thanks
    sounds good, what exhaust would you recommend for the v40. I'd like one that would more or less just slip on without loads of work. Also what air filter would be best?
    thanks

'Ow do
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 694 Posts
    Air filter wise. Well thats an open topic as I did a bit of research and found varying results from keeping the air box as it is with the paper filter to using K&N or Pipercross type filter, to cone filter and on. So I don't think there is a 'best filter' out there really however people seem to like the Pipercross and K&N panel filters so you could start there. As for exhausts, it depends what you want done and they are usually an expensive upgrade.

What I would suggest first is a Stage 0 tune up. Take a look here http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...tage-0-Tune-Up for info. And always go with volvo sparks ;-)

Thread Information