This user has no status
    Thanks
    i only ever use tesco momentum stuff,
    never had a problem with it,ever
    T5 STEALTH

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/album.php?albumid=21 AND A MERCURY CAPRI
    RIP alan (kyebosh)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t5 stealth For This Useful Post:

cherry1809 (Saturday 8th September 2012),jdavis (Tuesday 7th August 2012)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 stealth View Post
    i only ever use tesco momentum stuff,
    never had a problem with it,ever
    have you got a P2 T5..???

if so this leads me to think there's still probably something wrong with mine......
    Volvo S60 T5 SE 2002

This user has no status
    Thanks
    the only reason i buy tesco fuel is cos of the club card points......saving enough ponits to get free RAC cover for when their petrol knackers my engine lol
    "Just for once, let me look at your Volvo with my own eyes."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to vaderboyo For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Tuesday 7th August 2012)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by d2k View Post

if so this leads me to think there's still probably something wrong with mine......
    no but the engine aint much different lol.
    i hope you have cured it tho
    T5 STEALTH

RIP alan (kyebosh)

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    I got out off the tesco petrol before when they had tesco super unleaded i had a burnt valve and quite a few others around the same time and then funnly enough the tesco super was took off and moved to the momentrum stuff weather is was coinsidence i dont know but have only ever used shell since with no problems what so ever and all the same mods and map

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Tesco got screwed a while back for selling dodgy fuel that knackered a lot of engines...
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    yep, crap fuel is crap!!!

coils did cross my mind as did the ETM...... ive got the later Bosch ETM on mine & ive heard when these go they just go.. no throttle flutter.

the coils would of been looked at next, but ...... not a Tesco is sight & all is well!
    No, from what I understood the fuel you were using was premium fuel like V-Power and you said it has mucked your engine up. I've used Supermarket fuel with no issues and I get loyalty points too.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martinrpeachey View Post
    Tesco got screwed a while back for selling dodgy fuel that knackered a lot of engines...
    yeah it was destroying lambda sensors,i think it cost tesco a few quid that mistake lol
    T5 STEALTH

RIP alan (kyebosh)

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    I know a tesco near my the tanker driver mixed up the diesel & petrol tanks when he did a delivery,that did cost them a bit I think it was 20-30 cars until they were told they had a problem.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    I know a tesco near my the tanker driver mixed up the diesel & petrol tanks when he did a delivery,that did cost them a bit I think it was 20-30 cars until they were told they had a problem.
    that aint good, lol
    T5 STEALTH

RIP alan (kyebosh)

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks

Yes mate, it's a P2.

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    It could be just a bad batch from a particular Tesco?

They don't all come off the same ship.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Funny, i never realised Tesco made fuel!???

Anyway, from what i know, petrol all comes from the same refinery. It's the additives they put in b4 it fills the tankers which denotes, Tesco MOmentum, Esso, Shell V-power, etc etc. Obviously BP use their own fuel as do Shell, but Tesco i think you will find is sourced from Esso! Please correct me if i'm wrong.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

...here we go again...
    Thanks

I have a P2 and i have used Momentum and V-power (mixed sometimes month by month i change) for 2 years now with absolutely no problems, ever!!

Something tells me d2k you've not fixed your problem. The only way to be sure is to fill her up with Momentum when empty again and see if it runs crap.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    I have a P2 and i have used Momentum and V-power (mixed sometimes month by month i change) for 2 years now with absolutely no problems, ever!!

Something tells me d2k you've not fixed your problem. The only way to be sure is to fill her up with Momentum when empty again and see if it runs crap.
    how right you are......... the problem has returned, shoddy idle & i aint been near a Tesco's... ??, if i steer the wheel while there's no revs the car stalls, the load of the power steering cuts the engine out..??

i have however discovered that if i remove the batt for 30 mins the car goes back to normal, runs like a charm, perfect idle & dont feel lumpy... but then 2 days pass & the problem returns..?? ive been taking the batt off now everytime it starts playing up ...

can someone please elaborate as to why the car HAS the ability to run normally & does so for a few days then turns to sh.t again..??

is this an electrical problem im looking at, coils failing..?? there's no MIL light either..??

at the moment the car is fine again as i unplugged the batt to wire in my boost gauge, but the problem WILL return....

any ideas lads..... just throw out some hypothetical's...lol , is there anyway to adjust the idle a little higher..??
    Volvo S60 T5 SE 2002

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    You cannot adjust the idle on a P2 ME7.1 motronic unless you remap.

If I were you I would take the car to an Indy and have them check live readings when it's running let's not waste anymore time or money making suggestions that it could be this or it could be that!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

d2k (Saturday 8th September 2012)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Funny, i never realised Tesco made fuel!???

Anyway, from what i know, petrol all comes from the same refinery. It's the additives they put in b4 it fills the tankers which denotes, Tesco MOmentum, Esso, Shell V-power, etc etc. Obviously BP use their own fuel as do Shell, but Tesco i think you will find is sourced from Esso! Please correct me if i'm wrong.
    yep you are wrong lol, also wrong about BP an Shell only using their own refineries, i can tell you for a fact i see Tesco, Shell and BP tankers all coming out of Lindsey oil refinery (Total Fina owned) and also Conoco (i think they are owned by Texaco).

Also unless the Tesco fuel was contaminated in some way it wont have caused the car problem, the company i used to deliver samples of these fuels too (Sabolt) who do all the testing for the uk market on all fuels told me Tesco momentum is no better or worse than any of the others and it would be impossible for it to cause engine damage or premeture failure of sensors unless contaminated for some reason, now thats from the experts not me.
    P1 V70 2.5T Scorpion Exhaust, 3" downpipe 100cel cat, BSR induction, KKK24, GWE 3" Maf to turbo pipe,japanifold , 2010 V50 T5 Alloys Projector Headlamps with 5k Hid kit Quickshift kit, strut brace, Koni Yellow Sport,IPD BCS AET motorsport remap
    Previous: 2004 XC90 T6, 240GLT Estate, 343DL
    Toys: Capri 3.7 Twin turbo, Kawasaki ZX10R 2006,

This user has no status
    Thanks
    how right you are......... the problem has returned, shoddy idle & i aint been near a Tesco's... ??, if i steer the wheel while there's no revs the car stalls, the load of the power steering cuts the engine out..??

i have however discovered that if i remove the batt for 30 mins the car goes back to normal, runs like a charm, perfect idle & dont feel lumpy... but then 2 days pass & the problem returns..?? ive been taking the batt off now everytime it starts playing up ...

can someone please elaborate as to why the car HAS the ability to run normally & does so for a few days then turns to sh.t again..??

is this an electrical problem im looking at, coils failing..?? there's no MIL light either..??

at the moment the car is fine again as i unplugged the batt to wire in my boost gauge, but the problem WILL return....

any ideas lads..... just throw out some hypothetical's...lol , is there anyway to adjust the idle a little higher..??
    i have a very simular problem with my P1 V70, just today we have found the problem, my intercooler is cracked so i would suggest a pressure test on your intake side of things and it was throwing up random codes not related to the real problem

Simon
    P1 V70 2.5T Scorpion Exhaust, 3" downpipe 100cel cat, BSR induction, KKK24, GWE 3" Maf to turbo pipe,japanifold , 2010 V50 T5 Alloys Projector Headlamps with 5k Hid kit Quickshift kit, strut brace, Koni Yellow Sport,IPD BCS AET motorsport remap

22. The Following User Says Thank You to deathrider311271 For This Useful Post:

d2k (Saturday 8th September 2012)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deathrider311271 View Post
    i have a very simular problem with my P1 V70, just today we have found the problem, my intercooler is cracked so i would suggest a pressure test on your intake side of things and it was throwing up random codes not related to the real problem

Simon
    thanks simon........ ill turn my attention to the IC & connections
    Volvo S60 T5 SE 2002

This user has no status
    Thanks
    thanks simon........ ill turn my attention to the IC & connections
    its worth a look matey, i have spent 6 weeks changing sensors and looking for this problem oh and cost me over £1000 in parts alone lol oh well at least they shouldnt need changing for a while

Thread Information