Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACKDOG View Post
    I run a 60 plate D5 V70 geartronic. OBC is showing 43.4.
    That's based on mixed driving and a 30 mile run into Cambridge City centre every day.
    Oh and its been polestar remapped.
    That sounds pretty good to me. Mine was just a 163 6 speed manual to give me the 43.8mpg.

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ians View Post
    I deal with Adam at readview all the time I think he is a top bloke. I like to see Burnley do well but wouldn't call myself a fan lol
    Sorry, I asked about you being a Claret cos my lad and me are. Just managed to get season tickets again but it's only the second season that I've bought them. You will see that I'm from Great Harwood, which is nowhere near Blackburn! Being born there is bad enough, so I don't like my address being Great Harwood, Blackburn.

CDO Sufferer
    Thanks
    Polestar remap and Shell diesel ulitmate have given me an increase of 3mpg from 35mpg (based on tank to tank fills) on my commute.

Mine is a 08 C70 D5 geartronic. The ultimate makes a big difference to engine noise reducing engine chatter esp on start up. I also threw in a tank fuel of BG244 which was noticeable and well recommended.

Driving like a baby and long trips 40-46mpg - but where's the fun in that...?

538 Nm on the old car. Now
    that was torquing!
    Thanks
    TBH the 43.6 from the OBC aint that far off on the tanks eithr.

Looking at 625+ from this tank and that includes playing when I can.

I find if the mpg starts to drop then a motorway cruise to do a cat regen helps.

538 Nm on the old car. Now
    that was torquing!
    Thanks
    Filled up this morning.

Last two tanks 126L in total
    1169 miles

42.12 mpg

This user has no status

Thanks
    No offence taken hope you have a good season if that's your blue r I'm sure I have seen you about

Quote Originally Posted by foammanmark View Post
    Sorry, I asked about you being a Claret cos my lad and me are. Just managed to get season tickets again but it's only the second season that I've bought them. You will see that I'm from Great Harwood, which is nowhere near Blackburn! Being born there is bad enough, so I don't like my address being Great Harwood, Blackburn.

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ians View Post
    Hi it seems there are a lot of people out there who have gone from phase 2 volvo d5 to the newer phase 3 v70 obviously I am one of them. I would also like to get back to 50mpg motoring instead of 37-38. I have also spent hours looking for the answer on the web. I hope someone on here can enlighten people like me on what to do. The new car is better in every other department than the phase 2 model and suggesting I get one is not the answer im looking for lol.
    Fingers crossed someone as the answer and can give me my missing 70-100miles per tankful I am missing. I would like someone who as had the dpf removed and a re map to answer if that's possible but I cannot find the answer online
    Thanks in advance
    Get out and push. Ok, sorry that wasn't very helpful was it. I imagine as the P3 is a much bigger car, getting a higher MPG could be very difficult.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACKDOG View Post
    I run a 60 plate D5 V70 geartronic. OBC is showing 43.4.
    That's based on mixed driving and a 30 mile run into Cambridge City centre every day.
    Oh and its been polestar remapped.
    Would a re map make a big difference to improve mpg?

This user has no status

Thanks
    just thought i would try to get a conclusion from this post as anybody who as gone the polestar route or had there ecu remapped found it improved mpg significantly. Or as anybody taken the dpf off at these specailist places. I have tried all what as been suggested in the posts including taking battery terminal off but still only get 38-39 Help please.
    Last edited by Ians; Wednesday 19th September 2012 at 12:01.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Ians - sorry the Phase 3 V70 D5 2007 thro 2009 in EuIV format with either the 2.4D or D5 engine is never going to give you the economy you seek through driving style alone.

Sceptical about ECU enhancement for this particular model with respect to improved economy.

The latest V70 D5 (both the 205 and 215) is supposed to be EuV/VI compliant and is much more fuel efficient in part I suspect to the dual turbo set-up. Also believe that Volvo knew the early P3's liked a drink which was putting buyers off and worked hard to make the latest cars more efficient.

• I managed to get to 48MPG regularly in a P3 V70 D5 (185bhp) 6-speed manual crusing at 60mph but struggled to break 50MPG
    • A P2 V70 D5 Manual EuIV regularly saw 52-55MPG.
    • A gently driven V70 P2 EuIII Manual will see 67MPG (clears a 1000miles to the tankful) if you are patient.

Will be interesting to see if anyone has removed DPFs (MOT Time?) or swapped out injectors or ???

GL420CDi - "monster truck with 7 seats" . S60 SE EUIV DIESEL - Commuting .
    Honda CBR1000 aka Fireblade - "mid life crisis"

This user has no status

Thanks
    I've recently purchased a 07 s60 d5 and round the doors mines reading 38.9 doing normal driving (not driving like a granny ) and getting about 220/250 on £40 of fuel, don't know what it's like on a run as not really been anywhere far yet, when the wife drives it it reads 34/36 ad she has a constant lead foot haha, I also find it has a different engine tone to my previous 05 s60 d5 does anyone know why?, my old 05 d5 was the best thing Ive ever had on economy especially after coming from a 11mpg 4.4 v8 range rover what used to use £150 a week for the school run and around town. I'm off to my sons football match which is a 17 mile round trip 8 miles will be motorway so will see what it reads at a steady speed.

This user has no status

Thanks
    i hope he wins football lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    Well didn't end up using my car but just been on a little run 25 miles on motorway was sitting between 80/90 average speed was 82 mph mpg was 51.2

Thread Information