Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Coilovers fitted...

Got my FK coilovers fitted last week by my dads mate as he owed me a favour and the MOT was due so he did that at the same time too.

I havent set them too low as I do use the car daily for load carrying, we have some mammoth speedbumps in our village and I find the whole super low thing a bit silly. Ill see how they go for a while and maybe take them a touch lower just to take some of the arch gap away but for now Im quite happy getting used to the new characteristics of them.

Handling has been improved but so has road noise, suspension creaks and various noises the old sport suspension used to soak up....but thats life!

Oh I also fitted my clear side repeaters I got from the scrapyard too. I still need to get tyres for my Arcadias but I dont have any money now.

Before:

After (next to my mums V40):

2003 V40 T4 Sport
    1988 Volvo 245 GLT Estate (Gaining T5 power!)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    How good are these Coil overs anyway ive got some fitted but not drove on them yet.I was told the other day that there prone to breaking if pushed to hard?

I said a 10 second car not a 10 minute car

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Looking good there, clear side markers always make i nice difference as well.

Will look great when the arcadias are fitted.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T4Rick View Post
    How good are these Coil overs anyway ive got some fitted but not drove on them yet.I was told the other day that there prone to breaking if pushed to hard?
    Ive only had mine on a few days but so far they are nice. Obviously ride is stiffer so you need to take care over speedbumps but overall handling is improve and whilst the ride is stiff, its not solid and horrible in my opinion.

I havent given mine much stick as I always seem to catch traffic on the twisty bits of my daily commute but they take it well so far. We will see what happens in time over a few months. Ive kept my old suspension just in case I ever need it. Ive not heard any reports of them breaking but they are a street coilover not a race coilover? I dont know...

I would recommend protecting the threads of the coilovers if you havent already. Ive given mine a good thick coating of grease then wrapped duct tape round them to keep them nice. Ill do this a couple of times a year to make sure the threads stay nice. Theres nothign worse than siezed up coilovers.

2003 V40 T4 Sport
    1988 Volvo 245 GLT Estate (Gaining T5 power!)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by antz View Post
    Ive only had mine on a few days but so far they are nice. Obviously ride is stiffer so you need to take care over speedbumps but overall handling is improve and whilst the ride is stiff, its not solid and horrible in my opinion.

I havent given mine much stick as I always seem to catch traffic on the twisty bits of my daily commute but they take it well so far. We will see what happens in time over a few months. Ive kept my old suspension just in case I ever need it. Ive not heard any reports of them breaking but they are a street coilover not a race coilover? I dont know...

I would recommend protecting the threads of the coilovers if you havent already. Ive given mine a good thick coating of grease then wrapped duct tape round them to keep them nice. Ill do this a couple of times a year to make sure the threads stay nice. Theres nothign worse than siezed up coilovers.
    I got the T4 moted yesterday so i decieded to take the beast out and to be honest i think its a good ride.You can feel the bumps in the road but its good lol

I said a 10 second car not a 10 minute car

Thread Information