Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Fault Codes ECM-611B and ECM-614B or P0026 and P0027 (VVT Solenoids)

Hi,
    I have a V50 T5 SE Sport (2006) with two fault codes that are driving me mad.

The 2 camshaft control solenoid valves are showing error codes:
    ECM-611B and ECM-614B or P0026 and P0027, depending on what code reader is used.

The 2 VVT control solenoid valves are not functioning, resulting in a rough idle.
    I'm finding it strange that both failed at the same time.
    Toying with the idea it may be an electrical problem, rather than mechanical.

Read somewhere that a faulty battery could cause this, my battery has been playing up lately, if I leave the radio on (engine not running) for more than 15 mins, I get a low battery warning and then it shuts the radio off. Just a thought, but got lots of theories at the moment, just need a solution.

Thanks

This user has no status

Thanks
    A friend of mine has a v50...he had a dodgy battery on his and then suddenly it went awol,he ended up with car being recovered to local stealer for new battery and recoding keys etc...
    Volvo mechanic told him if batterys aren't replaced when they start to die,this does occur!!!
    Weren't cheap either!!
    Might be worth running battery checks first........??

I AWAIT MY PROBING

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for that.
    Will get a new battery in the morning.
    Battery is original and is showing signs that's it's on it's way out.
    Then see if that helps

This user has no status

Thanks
    Changed battery for a new battery, no change.
    Spoke to tech at local Volvo dealer, he thinks that the fault could be the timing being out slightly.
    Hooked the car up to ethos diagnostics and checked the live data.
    It showed that the inlet and exhaust solenoids are working, the inlet is within parameters through the rev range, but the exhaust solenoid is not opening fully, due to the timing being out on the exhaust cam.
    Given the variable valve range the timing is out by only a few degrees, but according to Volvo tech, half a tooth out can make a huge difference.

Next question, where can I get a timing tool for a T5 engine?

Thread Information