Join Today

Thanks

WHAT NEXT?????? Subframe mounts shot and antiroll bar bushes!!!

Just had a call from my friendly grease monkey - as above, the subframe mounts are banjaxed as are the anti-roll bar bushes.

All I can say is AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH!

Anyone wanna give me £230 as a wedding presant???
    There's only one Wally Dog....

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Poly arb bushes are pretty cheap and I expect Rufe can give you a good price on subframe bushes.
    Something to do at the next softies meet
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

Wally Dog (Thursday 26th July 2012)

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martinrpeachey View Post
    Poly arb bushes are pretty cheap and I expect Rufe can give you a good price on subframe bushes.
    Something to do at the next softies meet
    Lol you must bring some tackle to the softies meets the arb bushes are a pig to do as there cast on so need all cutting off and then just need a engine crane for the sub frame bushes ide say if you can do the job your self it should cost you around 100 In parts

Ghost Rider
    If I want your opinion, I'll
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,186 Posts
    I Got my anti roll bushes from here

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/...oducts_id=6767

Sub frame bushes

3 of these ;- http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/...oducts_id=4532

And 1 of these :- http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/...oducts_id=4533

Your "wooly" handling was not your steering rack after all it was your sub frame bushes, this is why I fitted alloy bushes

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oblark For This Useful Post:

partsforvolvos.com (Thursday 26th July 2012),Wally Dog (Thursday 26th July 2012)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    A freind of my has a c70 cab sub fram for sale wiyh ally bushes and added bracing for sale ment to ne a good mod if your intresded

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nottsgreent5 For This Useful Post:

Wally Dog (Thursday 26th July 2012)

Thanks
    Thanks guys - got my mate to spend the last 2 days on the car so I've got some new shiny bits - 850R clutch, standatd volvo 20mm anti-roll bar and bushes, new standard front subframe bushes, new(ish) steering rack, new track rod ends and new steering rack gaters! Problem is, clutch doesn't work properly but I'll put another post up about that particular feckinf em§§§§§§ance!!

Turns out my old steering rack had been leaking on the rear subframe bushes for some time and the subframe bushes were FUBAR! I saw them last night and could completely understand my wooly handling as soon as I saw that they were oval!! So no point putting the rack and not doing the track rod ends. Car feels much more planted but need to get the tracking laser lined tomorrow before I can comment fully. Didn't want to go down the poly bush route, as that would have massively increased the noise in the cabin and I'm already having reservations about the poly bush top mount!
    There's only one Wally Dog....

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Dog View Post
    Thanks guys - got my mate to spend the last 2 days on the car so I've got some new shiny bits - 850R clutch, standatd volvo 20mm anti-roll bar and bushes, new standard front subframe bushes, new(ish) steering rack, new track rod ends and new steering rack gaters! Problem is, clutch doesn't work properly but I'll put another post up about that particular feckinf em§§§§§§ance!!

Turns out my old steering rack had been leaking on the rear subframe bushes for some time and the subframe bushes were FUBAR! I saw them last night and could completely understand my wooly handling as soon as I saw that they were oval!! So no point putting the rack and not doing the track rod ends. Car feels much more planted but need to get the tracking laser lined tomorrow before I can comment fully. Didn't want to go down the poly bush route, as that would have massively increased the noise in the cabin and I'm already having reservations about the poly bush top mount!
    Thats good news shame about the clutch tho what problems you having

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Ditch the poly top mount mate if youre worried, although you've been in mine with poly top and lower mounts and it wasn't that bad, deffo go for the wishbone polys tho. Really easy, if time consuming (took me 3-4 hours to do a P1 set) the cabin noise is not really noticeable but the difference in ride is epic.
    I say to everybody, pound for pound the best mod you can do for these cars and so far, nobody has disagreed (at least nobody of any consequence lol)
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Ghost Rider
    If I want your opinion, I'll
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,186 Posts
    Poly bushing the anti roll bar and the wishbones will not increase cabin noise it just improves road holding.

After a few weeks you will hardly notice the cabin noise.

You`ll have to sit in mine will the engine running

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martinrpeachey View Post
    Ditch the poly top mount mate if youre worried, although you've been in mine with poly top and lower mounts and it wasn't that bad, deffo go for the wishbone polys tho. Really easy, if time consuming (took me 3-4 hours to do a P1 set) the cabin noise is not really noticeable but the difference in ride is epic.
    I say to everybody, pound for pound the best mod you can do for these cars and so far, nobody has disagreed (at least nobody of any consequence lol)
    Word for word the best post you'll read all day imho

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

Thread Information