Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Question Drivers footwell wet

After getting into the car, the foot well is very wet on the carpet and mat.
    I thought to start with i had wet shoes as i heard a wet sqeaky mat sound, upon investigation found it to be the carpet and mat!
    Have seen the thread on the P1 70 section but that was for the passenger side, the car is still running nicely at temp whilst out and the car is parked slightly nose down in its space, but it has not always done this before.

I did hear the noise a couple of weeks ago, but is was wet outside so figured it was shoes squeaking against mat.

Had a minor service in May this year, and other than that not need to touch a lot else. Brake fluid changed last sunday, by AndyB, thank you for that. Not had any under bonnet/engine stuff done, should i been looking for the same things as a pre 2000 car?

Many thanks for your help in this, Andy.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Heater Matrix is leaking mate, get it changed. 99% sure of it
    Bubba

This user has no status

Thanks
    Ok thanks for that, as with the other thread, it does have a slightly odd smell to it, but not sure if thats a cross of the liquid / rubber backed mats that are making it a bit of an off on the smell.

This user has no statues
    Thanks
    Sounds very much like the matrix, classic symptoms.
    Not a '97 V70 T-5 CD Auto, Black, Black leather anymore..
    replaced a Mercedes S202 C220 Cdi diseasal Now scrapped!! (best place for it, it was crap!)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Obvious question, but does it only get wet when it rains? I had wet driver's side carpets (front and rear) on my P1 C70. The problem turned out to be a failed windscreen seal along the A pillar. Get someone to point a hose at it while you bury your head in the front footwell (after taking the cowel off) and see what happens. Good luck finding the fault.

Meet Abby, an elegant lady... Still, very willing to go topless in public. All I gotta do is push the right buttons...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubes For This Useful Post:

WHITE999-T5 (Saturday 21st July 2012)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thank you for, i had, had a thought about the current rain situation we seem to have been having a little of.
    I did notice earlier that at the bottom windscreen corner drivers side it is flapping up a lot more than the passenger side.

Will have to look at the car and see if i can find the issue and narrow it down.
    Well heres hoping so anyway.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Well took the carpet out today which was soden right through.

Wiped down the footwell and left for a while before going for a drive, all dry before setting off with no matting in to see where the fluid is coming from.
    After a 30min drive stopped to find a dirty blue liquid in the footwell, this was seeping from under the righthand side of the lower console cover, (the transmission tunnel), cleaned away but it still kept seeping, did a few bits around town and then went home, cleaned away every time i stopped, all the same colour liquid at each stage.
    I did check the coolant prior to going out and it was low, i put in some more pink coolant mix to top it back up. Got back this morning around 10:30, I have checked it now @ 18:55, it dosent look like it has dropped by any really in the exspansion tank.
    I tried it with the blowers on and off, it did seem to leak very slightly more with the blowers turned off.
    I also tried the washer jets quite a few times and that did not seem to cause any additional issues, the rear window now does not seem to wash, the wiper works fine.

ANY IDEAS WELCOMED, please, thanks, Andy.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    It's the Matrix. Get it changed !!! :d
    Bubba

This user has no status

Thanks
    Any ideas on the cost of a matrix?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Bubba

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    I'd personally use a decent quality manufactured one such as a 'Nissens', changing the heater matrix is a job you don't want to be doing more than once due to a failing cheap part.

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Found a fantastic pictorial write up/how to on the other forum.....scary job to do yourself. Apparently Volvo quote 7 hours to do the job !!

Expect this......

That's why I'd use a QUALITY REPLACEMENT PART !!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Ok, thats what was a bit of a concern about this, i am lucky enough to have a warranty on the car at the moment, but not sure how long my local main agent wants labour n parts wise, so am gonna call them first then the warranty company if its all too stupid then will seek other means to getting it fixed.

Thanks for the info though.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    7 hours my §§§§. U don't need to take the whole dash out. Though it is easier. Mines was only
    Out as I was changing my whole interior. The link I gave is of the matrix I bought and it is fine. Came with the " o rings " and no leaks or dents on it.
    Bubba

Thread Information