Join Today
    wanting to get busy with my
    twins, twin zx9r's that is
    Thanks

soft top leaking help please got me stumped

well its sods law, wife's car has now decided to develop a leak, does anyone have experiance with the soft tops to what may be causing the problem. (apart from the rain for the clever minded out there)

when it rains the excess water off the roof seems to get between the window and the rubber causing water to run down the faux rubber on the A pillar. it only happens on the drivers side every now and again.
    i have replaced the centre rubber section when we bought the car as it was damaged towards the back of it.

my questions are this

1 should the window lower slightly when you open the door?

(as since replaced centre section window will only hook inside rubber if hand is held on glass when closing )

2 does the window need adjusting to apply more pressure against rubber or is it down to the door needing adjustment?

3 can't see any damage to said rubber even when compare drivers side to passenger side but it does appear to have slight wear on the curve of the window level with the roof line.

please can anyone help as its driving me nuts trying to figure out why water is getting in in the first place or is there a good place localish to doncaster where could take the car to have it sorted ?

thanks in advance and any help advice or tips greatly welcome
    because it just had to be done

This user has no status
    Thanks
    What sort of car are we talking about here?

wanting to get busy with my
    twins, twin zx9r's that is
    Thanks
    Name:  volvo 009.JPG
Views: 0
Size:  415.8 KB

stupid me forgot to mention its a 2003 facelift c70
    because it just had to be done

Selling the C70
    Thanks
    I havn't been inside the doors of my car as yet but ...

No the window shouldn't drop when opening and shutting (its a volvo not an astra or bmw)

I suspect the window mechanism needs adjusting. if it was the door that was out of squiff you would be able to tell by the panel gaps and general fit of the door. The window mechanism is likely to have adjustable spacers of some description to allow for manufacturing tolerances.

As i said i havnt had one of these apart yet so it is an educated guess at best.
    Volvo Coupe Drivers do it Viking Style!

Thread Information