Join Today
    This user has no status
    Long Marston Airfield, Stratford - upon - Avon
    Thanks

Ladies That Launch / RWYB July 21/22

It’s a Club Day weekend here (Sat/Sun July 21st/22nd) at Long Marston Airfield’s Shakespeare County Raceway, Stratford-Upon-Avon and what better way than to get your car or motorcycle club involved in one of the cheapest and best participation sports in all of motor sports - Run What Ya Brung. So let’s hope you’ve brung enough! The weekend of fast performance is combined with the Practical Performance Car Magazine Public Track Day on Saturday 21st July and the 3rd annual For Ladies That Launch competition on Sunday 22nd July.

Having discovered the delights of how much fun it is to race up a drag strip team PPC will be at the raceway in force. No doubt there will be a grudge match or two between magazine scribes Will and Kev on the day and who knows, you might even end up in the hallowed pages of one of the best car enthusiasts magazines around.
    Celebrating 'Women in Motor Sport’, For Ladies That launch supporting UK based charity Refuge – For Women and Children Against Domestic Violence, is an extravaganza of speed open to any female who wants to have a go with her car or motorcycle on Shakey’s famous quarter mile, and if they’re not racing you would be surprised at just how many ladies keep motor sport going as marshals, safety crews, track officials, mechanics and of course racers. So its time we celebrated the Fast Women of UK motor sport.
    Car and motorcycle clubs are welcome to come along and participate on the track or simply book a club stand to show what your clubs made of. Clubs are also actively encouraged to take part in a full-on head-to-head quarter mile shootout with other club members of their choice. Just give us a call.
    So that’s two full days of RWYB open to all makes and models of cars and motorcycles gives you the thrill or competitive straight line speed without the fear of getting zapped by a road side camera! The only camera’s point at you will be those taking photos trackside! The only ticket you’ll get is a personal performance print-out registering your reaction time to the green light, 60 ft and overall elapsed time and mph for the quarter mile drag! After all it’s the cheapest form of motor sport in the country. Its fast and its accessible whatever your age or make of vehicle in a safe and legal environment.
    Both the PPC Magazine day and For Ladies That Launch are part of a complete Public Track Day weekend package of events featuring super fast Jap cars contesting the Pro Street Drag Series, Old Skool Fords and Datsun Z cars through to Junior Dragsters and SuperTwin drag bikes tearing up the quarter mile. There will also be a show and shine area, fair and trade stalls as well as evening entertainment from singer Terrie Jane in Kenny’s Bar.
    Further information and admission details can be found at www.shakespearecountyraceway.co.uk or Facebook community pages; For Ladies That Launch and Shakespeare County Raceway. General enquires can be made by calling 01789 720180 or 01789 414119, and don’t forget your crash helmet and drivers licence to race in Run What Ya Brung. See you at the strip!

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    We'd love to be there, but got to get the VVT sorted on the R first, hopefully we'll get there before the end of the year, though not sure if new borns are allowed to ride shotgun.

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    I think there was already an attendance thread for the 22nd. I am certainly going to be there.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly Dave View Post
    I think there was already an attendance thread for the 22nd. I am certainly going to be there.
    Me too !!!!

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I will be there also..
    V40 2.0T Sport Lux Titanium grey,(03) 133k,standard
    Yamaha R1 5VY,(06) 180bhp/165whp,100nm

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Yep, and me
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Am me

Thread Information