Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by piper1st View Post
    Pretty much a mixed bag then, pro's and con's either way. Thanks to everyone for their input. On reflection then, I would still prefer a manual, but they are rare and geartronic's seem to be a lot more available.

But it's the 0-75mph thats the fun (and legal) bit ... having loads of power from 70 to 100 is great for a race track, but not so much for normal day to day driving?!

+1 ... whats it like off the line and through 2nd?
    Not to sure about the sub 100, i think it depends where you live.

Around waterlooville we have a quite a few dual and motorways and long slip roads.

There is a short stretch of 2 1/4 miles between junctions on the a3, where i can easily achieve 160 (and thats kph ;o) and then get off the next junction.

So that includes braking etc, just gave it a try when i first got the car but rarely boot it now.

I also noticed s60r speedo is pinpoint accurate compared to the sat nav and road hawk.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dalhousie2008 View Post
    Whats it like acceleration wise?
    acceleration is awsomely quick & smooth, my mate has a c30 t5 which has the same turbo & power as my s40 but his is manual and he couldnt believe how quick mine was (even quicker than his)
    i also have mates with evo's & scoobys running similar power and mine can still hold its own with them both in a straight line and they have 4wd (they loose me on the corners though)
    i am buying a racelogic performance box so will post up the results!!!

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nosh View Post
    acceleration is awsomely quick & smooth, my mate has a c30 t5 which has the same turbo & power as my s40 but his is manual and he couldnt believe how quick mine was (even quicker than his)
    i also have mates with evo's & scoobys running similar power and mine can still hold its own with them both in a straight line and they have 4wd (they loose me on the corners though)
    i am buying a racelogic performance box so will post up the results!!!
    Why don't you just go to one of the rwyb events? Loads of them throughout the summer and a few of us going avon on the 22 july.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information