Join Today
    Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks

armrest cup holder lid

Does anyone happen to have the volvo part number for the lid of the cup holder in the front armrest in a volvo s60 52 reg, its the one that seems to break on every single S60 ive looked at at the scrap yards.

Alternatley does anyone know of any decent after market solutions that replace the cup holder without replacing the center armrest.

Just sorting the little bits that need doing over the next few weekends and fitting my IMIV which hopefully should arrive tommorrow

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    What colour interior does yours have?

You can fit the entire centre console out of a later (2005 onwards) s60 or V70, this has the revised and improved cup holder cover.

Here's one that's listed on eBay...

Centre Console eBay linky

The lid pictured on ebay is retracted back, like a concertina garage door thingy.

If you find a black trim with silver inserts - let me know - 'cause I'm after one !!!

Steve

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Mines black/ really dark grey

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Same as mine.....if I find one - tough, it's mine !! lol

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    I'll arm-wrestle you both for it...
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Howabout the wive's mud wrestle for it......we could sell tickets !!! lmao

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Hmmm - k then
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExternalError View Post
    Does anyone happen to have the volvo part number for the lid of the cup holder in the front armrest in a volvo s60 52 reg, its the one that seems to break on every single S60 ive looked at at the scrap yards.

Alternatley does anyone know of any decent after market solutions that replace the cup holder without replacing the center armrest.

Just sorting the little bits that need doing over the next few weekends and fitting my IMIV which hopefully should arrive tommorrow
    The part# you require is : 39852686 and it costs £84 from the dealer. You cannot buy just the lid, it comes as a complete cup holder unit that is screwed onto the entire center console, so removing the center console is the only way to replace your broken unit.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

I Roll

Thanks
    I'm looking for a beige/cream one! The one in the pic is too brown for my interior.

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    The part# you require is : 39852686 and it costs £84 from the dealer. You cannot buy just the lid, it comes as a complete cup holder unit that is screwed onto the entire center console, so removing the center console is the only way to replace your broken unit.
    Thanks for the Part number, didnt think it would be that much, oh well guess ill bench and just live with it and just keep looking at scrap yards hoping that one managed not to break.

I was hoping it would be a simple 10-15 quid job like the head unit knob that was missing which cost me £2.80 from volvo, oh well.

thanks for the info though am very impressed with the help people are willing to give to a stranger like my self and it was nice to meet a few of you at the meet the other week even if i did have to go a bit early but i'll be looking forward to the next one.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ExternalError For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Wednesday 11th July 2012)

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    The problem with replacing it like for like, is that you will still have the same poorly designed cover. One misplaced elbow by the passenger or driver and you're back to square one with a broken lid.

The centre console from a 2005- IS the way forward.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Its an easy fix though, if its just the pin thats snapped at the bottom of the arm!

Drill a hole where the pin used to be (same size) and get a large headed tack or nail and cut it down to the size the pin used to be and then push that through the hole youve drilled

I did that on my old 53 S60 and it worked a treat.
    Thankyou, Goodnight....much love

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Liddo View Post
    Its an easy fix though, if its just the pin thats snapped at the bottom of the arm!

Drill a hole where the pin used to be (same size) and get a large headed tack or nail and cut it down to the size the pin used to be and then push that through the hole youve drilled

I did that on my old 53 S60 and it worked a treat.
    Glad it worked for you. However, normally its the plastic hinge that breaks and the only fix is a complete new unit.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post
    The problem with replacing it like for like, is that you will still have the same poorly designed cover. One misplaced elbow by the passenger or driver and you're back to square one with a broken lid.
    You shouldn't be so clumsy then! lol. I can't quite see how it's so easy to break. Lean't on mine quite a few times and it's ok. Can only imagine it breaking if your some what 'Larger framed!?' (put politely)
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post

You shouldn't be so clumsy then! lol. I can't quite see how it's so easy to break. Lean't on mine quite a few times and it's ok. Can only imagine it breaking if your some what 'Larger framed!?' (put politely)
    How DARE you Sir.....I resemble that comment !!

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post
    How DARE you Sir.....I resemble that comment !!

Thread Information