Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

V70 R 2003 & 2004 differences

Hello chaps

Anyone know what, if any, are the differences between the two model years. Have recently bought a brochure for 03 & 04 and cosmetically, as far as the brochure pictures show, I cannot see any differences. Not sure if the 04 headlights are slightly different. Are there any other differences or revisions??

Not bothered about the external colours........I only want the Flash Green

here you go Volvokid......nows your chance

SOLD

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Lol the cosmetic difference with my one to the pre face lift isn't much but it makes a difference, the outer trims are colour coded and the interior has a slightly different center, mainly more silver the older ones had more plastic inside IMO.
    I prefer the face lift models but I guess I would that's why I bought one and to be honest they can be found cheaper than some older ones.
    Thanks
    Martyn

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    I think the the computer speed was increase,the haldex diff was changed the speed it works,rain sensor wipers,on call system phone with SOS ,cup holder in centre consul flap changed to roller door,rear lights changed to clear units.
    Most of the changes 2005 on then more changes 2006 new auto gearbox 6 speed.

This user has no status

Thanks
    You bought a brochure for 03 & 04 or did you get it free?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by misterc1501 View Post
    have recently bought a brochure for 03 & 04
    :d

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
    you bought a brochure for 03 & 04 or did you get it free?
    :d

SOLD

This user has no status

Thanks
    They gave them away FOC!lol
    Do you have a price list for the face lift ones?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    No...do you?

SOLD

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    You can view the brochures on voc
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Can you view the specifications and options too??

SOLD

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Not sure if these are the ones....

Attachment 13749

Attachment 13750

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post
    Not sure if these are the ones....

Attachment 13749

Attachment 13750
    Yep..those will do nicely, thanks

SOLD

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterC1501 View Post
    Hello chaps

Anyone know what, if any, are the differences between the two model years. Have recently bought a brochure for 03 & 04 and cosmetically, as far as the brochure pictures show, I cannot see any differences. Not sure if the 04 headlights are slightly different. Are there any other differences or revisions??

Not bothered about the external colours........I only want the Flash Green

here you go Volvokid......nows your chance
    There are no differences between 03 and 04 cars. None of the 'facelift' changes happened until 54 plate cars started rolling off the line. Haldex II was fitted to all production 03 and 04/54 cars. Then in late 2004 (ie 54 plate facelift) cars they had all the minor cosmetic changes and Haldex III was also fitted.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

MisterC1501 (Wednesday 11th July 2012)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    I think the the computer speed was increase,the haldex diff was changed the speed it works,rain sensor wipers,on call system phone with SOS ,cup holder in centre consul flap changed to roller door,rear lights changed to clear units.
    Most of the changes 2005 on then more changes 2006 new auto gearbox 6 speed.
    Computer speed?? With reference to what? Haldex III was fitted to 'facelift' cars from 54 (late 2004) >. Rain sensing wipers was fitted to ALL production R from 2003 >, i know, cos my car has it. Phone was fitted as part of 'comms pack' on ALL production R models post 2003. On call was added as per facelift versions. Cupholder console was part of 'facelift change' as were rear lights with LEDs. Gearbox changes....as above.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    There are no differences between 03 and 04 cars. None of the 'facelift' changes happened until 54 plate cars started rolling off the line. Haldex II was fitted to all production 03 and 04/54 cars. Then in late 2004 (ie 54 plate facelift) cars they had all the minor cosmetic changes and Haldex III was also fitted.
    Wrong on the haldex front mate, they was upgraded in MY2006 to a precharged affair, electronic pump IIRC to maintain pressure at standstill, no more chirp, less collar wear..

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream3r View Post
    Wrong on the haldex front mate, they was upgraded in MY2006 to a precharged affair, electronic pump IIRC to maintain pressure at standstill, no more chirp, less collar wear..
    No i'm not wrong! He wasn't asking about 06 models and i wasn't referring to them either. Haldex III (which is what your 06 model has) was introduced from about 05>. The only difference between Haldex II and III was the electronic pump which pre charges the AWD system so that there is no delay from when a wheel starts to spin and when it actually drives. To be honest, the diffrrence wasn't that great anyway. On Haldex II the wheel would only spin for about 1/4 revolution before drive was sent to the wheel.

In the real world, i have never felt any wheel spinning in my car despite the conditions which i suppose is a testament to Haldex AWD....Simply, it works!

Thread Information