Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Spray it silver, you won't feel guilty breaking it then. lol
    No - spray it gay blue, then it will have to be torn apart (lol).

Seriously, have you read the feedback - I'm no expert but I agree with the majority above, THIS IS A CLASSIC OF THE FUTURE. I'm 35 and was around to see Volvo win the touring car championchip and the Gul is the closest to that that went on the road. It's the pinacle of 850's, the swansong. If money is your prime interest then see the future potential of such a rare car. If the love of Volvos is a concideration, pass her on to a worthy home to be kept on the road for years to come.
    There's only one Wally Dog....

"The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,912 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Can I say something? It seems to me and it has always puzzled me that for some reason the T5-R's painted in a flat and often fading looking yellow command on average a £1000 premium over their non yellow counterparts... this is where I believe the problem is.

This car for instance would sell in my opinion if priced at £2000 (infact I would consider myself at that price), despite the engine rebuild it still has 240ish k on the chasis which means the equivalent to those components which have not been replaced.

I think its hard to value it and as they say "Its only worth what someone is willing to pay".

Just my 2p worth

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Flying Moose For This Useful Post:

Hoppsym (Friday 6th July 2012),JUDGENINJA (Wednesday 4th July 2012)

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    I've just paid considerably less for my gull with half the mileage, but i did wait and punch when one came up forsale and it was a couple of months.

But still was more than i would pay for an olive

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,155 Posts

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Moose View Post
    Can I say something? It seems to me and it has always puzzled me that for some reason the T5-R's painted in a flat and often fading looking yellow command on average a £1000 premium over their non yellow counterparts... this is where I believe the problem is.

This car for instance would sell in my opinion if priced at £2000 (infact I would consider myself at that price), despite the engine rebuild it still has 240ish k on the chasis which means the equivalent to those components which have not been replaced.

I think its hard to value it and as they say "Its only worth what someone is willing to pay".

Just my 2p worth
    You wouldnt believe the miles tbh if you drove it, AndysR and Jims70r have both seen the car and been in the car and were taken by it,

Still undersided what todo after a good nights sleep.

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    No one can make the decision for you mate, most are financial / needs based. If its trying to gain the most for the car as possible breaking may be an option.

I'll take the complete shell off your hands and i'm sure there are other who would want items as well.

To put it in to context i just sold my old 854 t5 engine (if you remember it) 75k on the clock for over £300 and the box for £125, clutch and flywheel £180 and turbo £100

This was from a car i paid £600. So i drove it for 6 months and made a profit with loads of spares.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    lend it to me till i get mine fixed lol or ill give ya £100 a month for it lol
    BLACK PEARL IN DA HOUSE ARRRGGGG!!!!!!

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,419 Posts
    If u cose the clock and drive it most of u `d say she done 100k tops.I`ve been in the car and drives,handles and pulls absolutly great.Would b shame to c her broken.

Dare to be Different
    vinny is getting a
    revamp....be back soon
    Thanks
    if you need it stored call me
    "dare to be different"

This user has no status

Thanks
    I'll give you £1000 for it is it a runner

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    i think he paid more than that mate, didn't sell on ebay for £1700 and worth a fair bit more broken. I think moose offered him £2000 for it.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Don't break it!!!! I've wanted one for years but due to family commitments etc never got round to getting one, I looked at it last time you had it up for sale but couldn't bring myself to buy it as even though it's my favourite Volvo along with the (gay) gold one as yous call it I always think do I pay that sort of money for that age of car or do I buy a s60 due to the newness etc, and every time the newness has won. I'm currently looking now for a s60/v70 but ain't seen anything that's taking me fancy so will watch this closely as my heart may out rule my mind.

Thread Information