Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

s40/v40 P2 fuel filter sensor?

Does anyone know what the sensor cable attached to the fuel filter strap on the P2 (2001+) s40/v40's is for?

My strap is broken,and I wanted to replace it with a jubilee clip as on the P1 cars, but then I noticed the sensor cable.
    It looks to me that It's just a blank to hold the cable, as it only plugs into a plastic lug on the strap.

I have been to volvo, and not only do they not sell the replacement straps anymore but they also don't have a clue what the cable does!

Thanks

This user has no status

Thanks
    Put a large jubilee clip on as said to hold it. The plastic clip is as from new at the factory and does nothing.

We all know the arrow on the filter faces the front towards the engine but the pipes at the rear go around in circles on some models so just follow it around so it points the correct way when fitted, some, actually as my T4 did face the other way because of the routing of the pipes.
    Last edited by 960kg; Thursday 14th June 2012 at 11:02.

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
    Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 960kg For This Useful Post:

lozccw (Thursday 14th June 2012)

Thread Information