Join Today
    Thanks

oilcooler for autobox

Just a thought ive had after deciding to do an oil change on my autobox , my previous autos have been 3.0lt and 2.8 fords ,these have a problem with the oil cooler on the radiator , they tend to leak between the rad and cooler,this as you will know results in a knackered box , so i have always fitted a stand alone oil cooler usually 13 row , what i was wondering is do volvos suffer the same problem , as if i am doing an oil change it would be an ideal time to fit one

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    They do an extra cooler for the older 4spds, those fitted to the 850s and the s/v/c70s. Not sure about the newer boxes.

They were originally designed to be fitted to cars that would do a lot of towing.

I was quoted around £280inc vat (including fitting), not sure how much just the parts are.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LiamT4 For This Useful Post:

MIXA (Saturday 9th June 2012)

Thanks
    I have been told this is the Asin Warner 5 speed box ,not priced all the bits yet but would imagine around half that amout , as its only the rad which come in at around the 55 mark, then a couple of fittings and some pipework a lot easier job than garages make out.

Old Fart
    Weston on the Mud Somerset or in it if you get the tide wrong.
    Thanks
    We have lost two auto boxes due to this problem. We have a 2000/2001 V70 T5 auto and they have a problem with the seals between the rads which allow water into the box. If you by pass this system you should be fine.
    “If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson (1778)

Did you know the EU says that you can't claim that drinking water prevents dehydration. So now you know for sure what many of have known for years that the EU is run by a bunch of nutters.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Porcine_Aviator For This Useful Post:

MIXA (Sunday 10th June 2012)

Thread Information