Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Back in the (not so) hot seat!!

Allo! Allo! Nighthawk! Montreal calling!

So, many years later, I am back in an ovlov, Dad has himself an 850GLT (and 480T the last time I checked?) from GLTease and the last I heard, my father-in-law's 855 is still working!

I emigrated from Ireland back in 2009 and had a two year excursion in a Saab (?!?!?!!!%@$%@!!) before the rear strut mount finally found its way into the boot. That's where the rattling was coming from...

Anwyay. Last week I bought a 2001 S40 1.9T for a song (CA$2100)and am to set about doing the necessaries.
    -PCV
    -Cam seals & VVT solenoid
    -Turbo rebuild

For why? No point having at the ECU without the base in perfect working order.

As it transpires, the last owner didn't know when the timing belt was changed, so I erred on the side of caution and had it done yesterday. However, informed that the cam seals are leaking (apparently one needs a new pulley?! I don't see how forged metal can leak?) , so the timing belt will need to be REDONE.

It hit me on a bad week (We're moving house and thus I have no time to do it myself), but here's to hoping the belt will hold up another 2/3 weeks.

So! Even though the steering wheel's on the wrong side, may I pull up to the table with a pint?

L
    Last edited by flyinglemur; Friday 8th June 2012 at 14:01.
    2001 S40 1.9T
    Stage 0 in progress

This user has no status
    Thanks
    welcome back to the greenest side of the tracks - sure you can nurse her through the next couple weeks??

This user has no status
    Thanks
    It's not an enormously hard job (if you don't forget to make marks on the cams, cam gears and block!!!)...so, not the end of the world!
    2001 S40 1.9T
    Stage 0 in progress

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Very jealous of you being in Montreal, especially this weekend!

Liking your Volvo history too! Lets see some pictures of your left-hooker!

Thread Information