Join Today
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    I can easily get 1000 miles + out of my tank on my T5..... if I get out and push for long enough.

Regards

James

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesT5 For This Useful Post:

foammanmark (Tuesday 5th June 2012)

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    My car says do not drive passed shell or start walking.

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Reading this thread makes me think 'why the hell am I selling my D5 to run 2 T5's?' My V70 D5 Euro 4 would get me to around 600 between fill ups, unless I filled it right to the neckhole in which case I could get 650.

My D5 is 'provisionally sold' and if the guy pulls out, I won't be too upset for obvious reasons!

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    When I upgrade to the P3 (goodness knows when), I'll be going for a D5 model. The petrol car has proved very thirsty on fuel and all my engine gremlins wouldn't have happened on a diesel version.

What helps is the Police forces are now using D5's a lot more so there should be some ex-Police D5's floating around really cheap in a couple of years or so and there'll be some there now already but nothing for under £2000.

Regards

James

I have been unfaithful to
    Volvo twice since joining this
    forum but it's only for more
    than 5 pots nuf said
    Thanks
    My fiancé who is young and beautiful prefers my T5 and even thinks it sounds sexy when I had a d5 loan car she longed for the t5 back ok the d5 does 10-20 mpg more but it can't pull a 23 yr old do 150 plus mph or sound sexy and now I can out run the police in there smelly oil burners too lol
    2004 V50 T5 SE

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lance For This Useful Post:

stephenevans99 (Tuesday 5th June 2012)

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    My fiancé who is young and beautiful prefers my T5 and even thinks it sounds sexy when I had a d5 loan car she longed for the t5 back ok the d5 does 10-20 mpg more but it can't pull a 23 yr old do 150 plus mph or sound sexy and now I can out run the police in there smelly oil burners too lol
    pmsl
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    I've never met a 23 year old bird who's been impressed by a Volvo Estate. She'd cream herself if you showed her your model Hornby collection !!

I must admit, I wish my car could do 150mph & outrun the police....very useful when going to the local Sunday carboot sale....

'Ow do
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 694 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post

Filled my D5 up at my local Shell in Singleton and then drove to the Trafford Centre in Manchester, the photo shows the range AFTER the 50 mile trip. It's amazing the range on these things if you stick to 65-70mph on the motorway.

Might try 56mph with the door mirrors folded in next time !!
    On your way out please stop off and collect your

and

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haizum74 For This Useful Post:

stephenevans99 (Tuesday 5th June 2012),stribo (Tuesday 5th June 2012)

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Aren't you missing a Cylinder?

'Ow do
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 694 Posts
    or you're making it up

Quote Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post
    Aren't you missing a Cylinder?
    No, four is more than enough to carry my less than rotund frame around in comfort and pace if required) lol
    Last edited by Haizum74; Tuesday 5th June 2012 at 12:35.

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Personally I'd rather fly past your oil burner in our R shouting "power", and burning up the Earth's resources at a frightening rate. If you want to save fuel, buy a pushbike.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to stribo For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Tuesday 5th June 2012)

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    Personally I'd rather fly past your oil burner in our R shouting "power", and burning up the Earth's resources at a frightening rate. If you want to save fuel, buy a pushbike.
    Well said that man.

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    If you need to save money etc... fair does...

But the day you genuinely prefer diesel to petrol is the day your knob may as well fall off.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    Don't forget to pick up your angle gear on the way past !!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to stephenevans99 For This Useful Post:

D5 Sophie (Tuesday 5th June 2012)

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
    If you need to save money etc... fair does...

But the day you genuinely prefer diesel to petrol is the day your knob may as well fall off.
    Having already had numerous FAST cars including my old T5, I'm quite happy now for my knob to fall off....feel free to pick it up and use it as a propshaft.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to stephenevans99 For This Useful Post:

t5_monkey (Tuesday 5th June 2012)

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    punching above your weight there then lance lol

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey R View Post
    I think I'll just stay out of this battle. ;-p not one an R can win.
    Yes it can....in the Looks dept', ALL DAY LONG

Who gives a t**s about fuel economy anyway. If i gave a hoot then i'd rip off £2000 worth of mods right now and even then i'd be wasting my time.

Around town i just watch my fuel guage drop...ah well, at least i'm smiling and having fun! On the flip side, i'll get 36mpg at 65mph constant...and that's dam good for a remapped R.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Owner of a SupeRioR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Yes it can....in the Looks dept', ALL DAY LONG

Who gives a t**s about fuel economy anyway. If i gave a hoot then i'd rip off £2000 worth of mods right now and even then i'd be wasting my time.

Around town i just watch my fuel guage drop...ah well, at least i'm smiling and having fun! On the flip side, i'll get 36mpg at 65mph constant...and that's dam good for a remapped R.
    That's very true. :-)
    Doing my bit for the environment by driving a 'Green' car!

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesT5 View Post
    When I upgrade to the P3 (goodness knows when), I'll be going for a D5 model. The petrol car has proved very thirsty on fuel and all my engine gremlins wouldn't have happened on a diesel version.

What helps is the Police forces are now using D5's a lot more so there should be some ex-Police D5's floating around really cheap in a couple of years or so and there'll be some there now already but nothing for under £2000.

Regards

James
    LOL, i have spoken to a couple of traffic cops in my area and i have asked the question. There answers were..."these are gutless". "wish we still had the petrol T5s".

I'll say no more.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    I get 43+mpg at a constant 60-65 mph

My Dads leon in mixed driving is typically 20% more fuel efficient than my T5 - is that really something that's so much better??

Of course diesels can do better on long runs - but then mine is faster surely mixed driving is the best comparison?

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

Thread Information