Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Pointers before buying

Hi, I've tracked down a few T5s now and planning to view my first tomorrow.

Any pointers to what I should look out for please......would be gratefuly received

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vaderboyo View Post
    Hi, I've tracked down a few T5s now and planning to view my first tomorrow.

Any pointers to what I should look out for please......would be gratefuly received
    hope this helps:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=46939

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pigfight For This Useful Post:

oblark (Sunday 3rd June 2012),V70 Graham (Sunday 3rd June 2012),vaderboyo (Monday 4th June 2012)

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    I know your looking for an 850 T5, but have you considered NORDIC's S70R currently listed in the 'Cars for Sale' section, beautiful looking car - take a quick look !!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post
    I know your looking for an 850 T5, but have you considered NORDIC's S70R currently listed in the 'Cars for Sale' section, beautiful looking car - take a quick look !!
    lovely car, but unfortunatelt for me I need an auto this time.

The 850t5 I went to see yesterday was a right dog

Gutted really as I was looking forward with anticipation to handing over my hard earnt cash.....next time,,,,

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    Where abouts you located?...

As I'm currently looking myself I must admit there are some dogs out there, what sort of spec are you after and what is your budget?, maybe we can point you in the direction of something worth buying rather than wasting your money on petrol looking at sheds.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomcat For This Useful Post:

vaderboyo (Tuesday 5th June 2012)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Where abouts you located?...

As I'm currently looking myself I must admit there are some dogs out there, what sort of spec are you after and what is your budget?, maybe we can point you in the direction of something worth buying rather than wasting your money on petrol looking at sheds.
    cheers Tomcat, Im on Anglesey, so quite central....

Problem I have is that my current back problem stops me from being able to travel far. In the past I have travelled to the other ends of the UK to collect good cars, but I cant do it this time, most I can travel at the moment is an hour tops so chester way is my limit at the mo.

Sold both my audi quattros today, so pressure is really on now. My budget is up to £1500, with some left over to spend on any niggles....will go to £1800 for good car.......have started to look at v70 (series 1) as they seem to be more around. Got to be an auto and preferably an estate for easy of access in the back.

Theres a saffron T5 on auto trader but its a manual....didnt realise they did the 850 in saffron..

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts

Problem I have is that my current back problem stops me from being able to travel far. In the past I have travelled to the other ends of the UK to collect good cars, but I cant do it this time, most I can travel at the moment is an hour tops so chester way is my limit at the mo.

Sold both my audi quattros today, so pressure is really on now. My budget is up to £1500, with some left over to spend on any niggles....will go to £1800 for good car.......have started to look at v70 (series 1) as they seem to be more around. Got to be an auto and preferably an estate for easy of access in the back.

Theres a saffron T5 on auto trader but its a manual....didnt realise they did the 850 in saffron..
    They didn't, that ones had a respray.

There will be good cars out there for those prices it's just finding them as there are a lot of dogs out there.

Stick to cars where the advert has lots of info and pics, don't be put if the car if the seller talks of issues with the car (depending on what those are, obviously), as your not going to get a perfect one for less than 2k. But you can still get very, very good ones.

When speaking on the phone to the seller, try to get as much info as possible. I'v always found that with private sellers, if they love cars and have taken care of it, then they will happily talk for a while about the car.
    Its the ones that don't talk much and try not to answer questions that you want to stay away from.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LiamT4 For This Useful Post:

vaderboyo (Tuesday 5th June 2012)

This user has no status
    Thanks

b***y h*ll I sound like a moaning mini....sorry chaps

Cheers for this, wife has a mk4 golf gti turbo which we will use until we find a goodun

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Well....couldn't wait anymore and in usual vaderboyo fashion plumped for a 99 v70 awd with 240bhp....will start a new project thread once i get me grubby mits on it this saturday

Thread Information