Join Today

Thread: holding revs

This user has no status

Thanks

holding revs

hi everyone ,just wondered if anyone can help ive owned my 855 t5r since july and it a pleasure to drive , had a couple of glitchs but nothing too serious but ever since i bought the car its had a bloody annoying habit of the revs being very slow to drop off , sometimes its not to bad others its just a down right pain iam in the trade although on heavy commercials so access to facillties is no problem any suggestions would be very welcome .
    also when i bought the car the guy gave me a set of 4 original t5r alloys very slightly scuffed and in need of refurbing can anyone recommend (is that spelt right??) someone local who can carry out this work i live in bolton lancashire
    at the present its sat on 17 inch volans but i would like to keep it as standad as possible again any offers of help will be very welcome cheers.
    rick

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The revs not dropping as soon as you'd like affects/affected my 854 too - whether it's just wishful thinking, but RICA may reduce this (anyone jump in here & give opinions pls!).

Wheel refurb - sorry, can't help. Someone here will know somewhere near Bolton.

Fun in the twisties!
    We take the "be polite" rule very seriously!

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    Sticky throttle. Remove the throttle cover (T30 torx screw usually) - spray up the linkages with WD40. Take the throttle cable off the spool and remove the clip that holds the cable in place- and spray the cable with WD40 and ensure that is has not eaten a grove into the plastic endy bit where the cable emerges from its shroud. Sticky throttle cable is quite a common fault.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

This user has no status

Thanks
    cheers wobbly dave but throttle cable is only 6weeks old and a genuine item from volvo ive checked all the obvious, it just escapes me at the moment i wondered about crossshaft for throttle butterfly ?? is it a problem with the t5 , thanks for reply anyway if anything else springs to mind please let me know cheers.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    hi mine does the same. worse when cold. i have just learnd to live with it. not to much of a problem

This user has no status

Thanks
    youl be amazed how many do it including mine , i actually think its supposed to do it and if it doesnt its not working right

just kidding but you do get used to it and it does help keep the revs up when your gunnin itthrough the gears

This user has no status

Thanks

Red face holding revs

yep me too, ( 850 t5 est ) but at least wont keep cutting sole off right shoe , so thank you for opening subject to everyones attention .

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Mine too the revs hang longer with the ECC on.
    V40 2.0T Sport Lux Titanium grey,(03) 133k,standard
    Yamaha R1 5VY,(06) 180bhp/165whp,100nm

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I had the same problem, until the air leak on my manifold was fixed!

Now it runs so smooth..
    Wish i knew what i was doing?

Thread Information