Join Today
    This user has no statues
    Thanks

Door Mirror glass...

What sort of glue is used to fix it to the backing plate? The drivers side mirror on my P1 was flapping the other day so I had to squirt some superglue in as a temp fix. Was wondering as they're heated and don't want the glue to come unstuck.
    Also is it easy to remove the mirror as I can swap my 850 mirror over if needs but don't want to break it.
    Ta muchly
    Not a '97 V70 T-5 CD Auto, Black, Black leather anymore..
    replaced a Mercedes S202 C220 Cdi diseasal Now scrapped!! (best place for it, it was crap!)

Just cant keep away from the
    Ovlovs lol
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    What sort of glue is used to fix it to the backing plate? The drivers side mirror on my P1 was flapping the other day so I had to squirt some superglue in as a temp fix. Was wondering as they're heated and don't want the glue to come unstuck.
    Also is it easy to remove the mirror as I can swap my 850 mirror over if needs but don't want to break it.
    Ta muchly
    p1 are an easy swap mate, i think you can even do them without removing the door card too! also if you need a spare mirror i have a couple around
    Back with a 1997 S70 T5 SE

This user has no statues
    Thanks
    Oh I know how to remove the whole mirror - I'm just after taking the glass out and swapping them over. The actual mirror part is coming off its backing plate. I've seen the back of the backing plate and the electrical connectors are in different places but should fit ok. Cheers for the offer btw
    Last edited by Rhys; Monday 28th May 2012 at 22:21.
    Not a '97 V70 T-5 CD Auto, Black, Black leather anymore..
    replaced a Mercedes S202 C220 Cdi diseasal Now scrapped!! (best place for it, it was crap!)

Thread Information