Join Today

Thread: Volvo alarm

This user has no status

Thanks

Volvo alarm

Hi can anyone help me , I was out yesterday in my Volvo 940 estate, but when I came back to my car it had immobilised itself but iv never had a fob for the car, the RAC guy told me it could of been a radio frequency that activated the alarm. Can it be bypassed in any way, iv sent for a fob off the Internet but can this be paired the car while the alarm is activated. Would be grateful for any advice.

This user has no status

Thanks

faults

Check the connection that next to the +'ve terminal on the battery as the alarm needs a constant 12V feed. If there's a bit of corrosion on the contact it makes it behave weirdly. You can only get a new fob connected at a Volvo garage.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkster1971 View Post
    Check the connection that next to the +'ve terminal on the battery as the alarm needs a constant 12V feed. If there's a bit of corrosion on the contact it makes it behave weirdly. You can only get a new fob connected at a Volvo garage.
    You can use the 850 fobs they work Nd you don't need a Volvo garage to recode it for you I did mine no probs

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hi
    You can quite easily bypass the early Volvoguard alarms if the immobilise the car and leave you stranded.

Do you know which one you have ?

This user has no status

Thanks
    I'll check which alarm it is steav when I get home. Just got a fob off eBay , I'll let you know how I get on thanks for all your help.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    You can use the 850 fobs they work Nd you don't need a Volvo garage to recode it for you I did mine no probs
    Can you explain how I Recode the alarm. Thanks smithy.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi smithy can you explain how I go about recoding the alarm. Thanks smithy.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 940 Estate View Post
    Hi
    You can quite easily bypass the early Volvoguard alarms if the immobilise the car and leave you stranded.

Do you know which one you have ?
    Hi Steve all I know that it's the Volvo guard it's an NReg can you help. It the one with the light on the drivers side post , hope this help . Any advice steve

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevthescaff View Post
    Hi smithy can you explain how I go about recoding the alarm. Thanks smithy.
    if i can remember right you hold the button on the fob next to the car and the fob will pickup the signal off the car then when it has picked up the signal it will lock the doors and then let go of the button and press again to see if it opens the doors hey presto sorted.then start the car.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    It sounds like it's got a Volvoguard 1 if it has you can do like I did and unplug it all and then sort out the immobiliser.
    Is the light you have in a triangular housing with buttons on it. If it is all the alarm gubbins are under the steering column.

I'm trying to help someone on the VOC forum with their later guard 2 alarm. I hate the things, any faults render the car nothing more than a pile of scrap metal.

Thread Information