Join Today

Thread: S40 2ltr Turbo

This user has no status

Thanks

S40 2ltr Turbo

Here a few pics of my S40

It is a project car for me but progress will be low at times

I've not really had chance to do anything to the S40, I have had ago at cleaning the tailpipe as it was looking grubby.
    Before

After

I do have some plans for it, like performance upgrades like induction kit, exhaust etc, I'm also looking at fitting a boost controller and boost gauge. I'm also looking at changing the wheels. These will only get done when funds allow or I find a bargain.

This user has no status
    Thanks

Arrow

hi there.......

looks good, id say changing the wheels is your primary concern... that would make the car look 100 times better.... 18's

just grab a universal cone filter or an aftermarket panel filter off ebay, your never gonna turn it into a rocket ship so the cheapest components out there will do im sure.

what turbo is on that.. 13t..??, an MBC may help you but i dont know enough about this turbo (or engine really..lol), but im sure there's more to be had!!

as said a remap would help no end but its expensive, maybe not something that'll be worth it to you.

boost gauge is also a MUST if your gonna start trying to extract more output over stock... need to see what your doing.

hopefully some of the guru's on here will jump in & give you more in depth info (there are loads of super knowledgeable ppl on here), cos tbh im still a nub myself trying to work my way through the list of mods on my own car... learning as i go!!

its ok everyone we can still mods cars which are not T5's...lol
    Volvo S60 T5 SE 2002

3. The Following User Says Thank You to d2k For This Useful Post:

neil1983 (Saturday 26th May 2012)

This user has no status

Thanks
    The wheels I'm thinking sbout getting are 16's, bbs style and are off other model S40's (T4 I think), but I have no idea of there name lol.

I have no idea what turbo its fitted with, I guess it'll be whatever it came out the factory with.

Really stupid question but what does MBC stand for?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    MBC = Manual Boost Controller

spend a few weeks on here thoroughly researching your S40, then you can go out there better equipped & know what your really looking for...

Volvo S60 T5 SE 2002

6. The Following User Says Thank You to d2k For This Useful Post:

This user has no status

Thanks
    Cheers mate

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    2.0T isn't as tough as the T4 engine but will give about 200 with a remap.

Keep it fairly standard, renew the suspension and it will be a lovely motor.
    Last edited by t5_monkey; Saturday 26th May 2012 at 19:00.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

9. The Following User Says Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neil1983 View Post
    The wheels I'm thinking sbout getting are 16's, bbs style and are off other model S40's (T4 I think), but I have no idea of there name lol.

I have no idea what turbo its fitted with, I guess it'll be whatever it came out the factory with.

Really stupid question but what does MBC stand for?
    The wheels are Crators, should be a 12t on the 2.0T.
    V40 2.0T Sport Lux Titanium grey,(03) 133k,standard
    Yamaha R1 5VY,(06) 180bhp/165whp,100nm

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to siamblue For This Useful Post:

merc85 (Saturday 26th May 2012),neil1983 (Saturday 26th May 2012)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Small update,

Done abit more cleaning today before it got too hot.
    These bit were cleaned using Autoglym engine and machine cleaner then treated with Autoglym bumper & trim care

These are before,

This is after and fitted back in the engine bay,

I also gave the car a wash & polish, here's a nice shot after it was polished using Autoglym super resin polish.

Also a pic of the stereo I have fitted

This user has no status

Thanks
    Got abit bored today due to the weather, so I decided to do this,

I fould some off cut of carbon fibre vinyl so thourght I'd try and cover part of the centre console area, I'm not happy with how the top part around the vents turned out but it'll do for now.

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Wey hay - you got the same stereo as me! beware that volume knob, after a while the mechanism breaks and when you press it, it fires the knob into the back seat lol.

Good effort with the c/f wrapping. I thought about doing what you did with the heater control but didn't think I could do a decent enough job (one the wife wouldn't moan about) Top marks mate
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

neil1983 (Thursday 31st May 2012)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martinrpeachey View Post
    Wey hay - you got the same stereo as me! beware that volume knob, after a while the mechanism breaks and when you press it, it fires the knob into the back seat lol.

Good effort with the c/f wrapping. I thought about doing what you did with the heater control but didn't think I could do a decent enough job (one the wife wouldn't moan about) Top marks mate
    Cheers for the heads up on the volume knob, I can just imagine mine flying off and hitting 1 of my kids in the back.
    The hardest part of the carbon wrapping is the top part with the vents in, I'm going to have another go at that part soon to see if I can make it look any better.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Not a update but still thourght I'd share.
    I've done my first decent lenght journey in the S40, from mine to my partners mum's in Norwich and back, about a 200-220 mile round trip, and it went without a hitch.
    Even tho mines not a T4 I was very suprised to how quick it picks up speed until I floored it a bit on a duel carrage way to overtake a few slower drivers then looked at the speedo lol needless to say I was abit shocked lol

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neil1983 View Post
    Got abit bored today due to the weather, so I decided to do this,

I fould some off cut of carbon fibre vinyl so thourght I'd try and cover part of the centre console area, I'm not happy with how the top part around the vents turned out but it'll do for now.

I`m getting bored wiv carbon fiber now,looks good in some cases tho but probably time to look into something else.Nice job there mate.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsford G For This Useful Post:

neil1983 (Sunday 10th June 2012)

This user has no status

Thanks
    I've not updated this for a while, mainly because my pc §§§§§§ed up and I lost most of my saved sites, but I've finally found them all again.

Anyway on with the update, there's not much as I have had a few problems with it to sort out.

Again like most of my updates, the mods wont be to everyones taste

First up is I made my own de-badged grill, I know I could buy one for not alot of £'s but I do enjoy making my own mods.

I have also done abit more carbon wrapping and I have temp fitting my boost gauge, its not plummed in at the mo as I want to get it running right first.

Thread Information