Join Today

Thread: What's it worth

This user has no status

Thanks

What's it worth

Hi everyone well as some of you know i recently bought a v70 t5 and i absolutely love it, but sadly with a change of work circumstances i can't afford to keep it and have bought a diesel instead, anyway i paid £1200 for it which i thought was pretty good to be honest but i don't know a lot about prices,,, its a 2001 with the 7 seat pack etc and 162k on the clock with full history,,, the only things i have done are cleaned the throttle body so it now ticks over perfect, and replaced the clutch switch £40 so the cruise control is working, its got mot until january but no tax,, the only thing it could do with in the future is front discs and pads but apart from that its great,,, now am i miles off trying to get £1200 back for it as i have had a couple of people offer £800 on that site?

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by 1260pete View Post
    Hi everyone well as some of you know i recently bought a v70 t5 and i absolutely love it, but sadly with a change of work circumstances i can't afford to keep it and have bought a diesel instead, anyway i paid £1200 for it which i thought was pretty good to be honest but i don't know a lot about prices,,, its a 2001 with the 7 seat pack etc and 162k on the clock with full history,,, the only things i have done are cleaned the throttle body so it now ticks over perfect, and replaced the clutch switch £40 so the cruise control is working, its got mot until january but no tax,, the only thing it could do with in the future is front discs and pads but apart from that its great,,, now am i miles off trying to get £1200 back for it as i have had a couple of people offer £800 on that site?
    Hi

If it helps, in March I paid £1125 for my 2001 (Y) T5 (see my avatar and garage photos), with full leather interior and all the trimmings on it (like yours). When I brought it, it had 223,000 miles on the clock, needed 4 new tyres, and just a general tidy up, oh, and it will soon be having new disks and pads all round which I also need to do and knew it when I brought it.

Mind you, mine has about a full service history (95% Volvo) and there is a small amount of body work stuff tha needs doing on it (not much).

To answer your question, I'd say £1200 is a fair price, in fact I'd put it up for £1300 - £1400 initially.

Hope that helps you out.

Regards

James

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesT5 View Post
    Hi

If it helps, in March I paid £1125 for my 2001 (Y) T5 (see my avatar and garage photos), with full leather interior and all the trimmings on it (like yours). When I brought it, it had 223,000 miles on the clock, needed 4 new tyres, and just a general tidy up, oh, and it will soon be having new disks and pads all round which I also need to do and knew it when I brought it.

Mind you, mine has about a full service history (95% Volvo) and there is a small amount of body work stuff tha needs doing on it (not much).

To answer your question, I'd say £1200 is a fair price, in fact I'd put it up for £1300 - £1400 initially.

Hope that helps you out.

Regards

James
    Agree!!!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Cheers guys thats what i thought to be honest, its got full history and part of it is Volvo, i have put a £1200 reserve on it so will see what happens, the tyres and everything else are excellent.

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    i've been watching these alot lately and they seem to be making around £1200 on ebay, yours has 7 seats too, perhaps you can sell those seperatly? if it was taxed it would be alot easier to sell

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5frankie View Post
    i've been watching these alot lately and they seem to be making around £1200 on ebay, yours has 7 seats too, perhaps you can sell those seperatly? if it was taxed it would be alot easier to sell
    Yeah i thought about taxing it but don't want to spend another £150 in case i don't get it back

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Yeah i thought about taxing it but don't want to spend another £150 in case i don't get it back
    I for one won't buy a car with no tax its just too hard to sort out when out to buy a new one and people will see that your car is your price plus another £150 on top so the price will be £1350 not £1200 so puts people off especially when the car could be a shed for all they know

Thread Information