Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    .....collect car from painters in about 10 hours!!!....
    Ill have to wait a week to see it finished. Am off on me jollys.. Am sure itll be mint though

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    .....collect car from painters in about 10 hours!!!....
    Looking forward to the pics.....

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts

Bonnet and Nose cone resprayed!

Ok ladies. Picked up car late last night as painter had a powercut just before he started spraying (luckily) which set him back a few hours. All that remains to do is a wax as he never had time to do it. I am really pleased with the front grille. I asked him to spray it the same colour and i think the results speak for themselves. Opinions greatly appreciated.

Inside the spraybooth taken from my iPhone4...

2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    These pics were taken this morning after i blackfire iced the bonnet. Still needs waxing which i will do in the next fews days (if the rain ever stops). Reflections are amazing and will surely be better after waxing?

Pictures taken with a 10mp 5x Zoom lense Samsung:

Bonnet reflections...

2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Looks like he has done a very nice job, you must be pleased, front grille looks great.

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

6. The Following User Says Thank You to V70 Graham For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Friday 13th July 2012)

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Looks good I like how the grill turned out.
    What panels got sprayed
    Thanks
    Martyn

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    Looks good I like how the grill turned out.
    What panels got sprayed
    Bonnet, entire front bumper and blended lightly into the wings.

Found out something interesting. The bonnet skin is Aluminium! I didn't know that! Thought it was pressed steel.

I also replaced both bumper corner mouldings. I asked him to leave the old ones off so i could fit the new ones when i picked her up.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

volvokid (Friday 13th July 2012)

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    Looking good. That black fire is good stuff and multiple coats can be applied but you csn only put bf wax on top of it

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    I must admit I want my one to be as good as this :-(
    Thanks
    Martyn

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,419 Posts

Thumbs up

Pictures taken with a 10mp 5x Zoom lense Samsung:

Bonnet reflections...

I can`t c any swirls on that baby,what did u use mate?And another ginger interior lol u can`t not like that.The car is a real beauty mate,credit to u.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsford G View Post
    I can`t c any swirls on that baby,what did u use mate?And another ginger interior lol u can`t not like that.The car is a real beauty mate,credit to u.
    Not sure what you mean Kingsford? What did i use to do what?? ....and of course there aren't any swirls, i just picked her up from the body shop after a FULL bonnet and front bumper respray! If there were swirls in the finish then i would be taking her back.

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsford G View Post
    I c,didn`t realise that,if the whole car paint is like that I bet she`s like a morror in flesh.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Pay attention dear Sir!! Look back further in the thread and you'll see. The rear end was replaced last May so all i need is a piano to fall out a window on the roof then i will be sorted! Other than that she's in very good nick. Got some minor carpark dings to remove from n/s (not my fault - previous owner) and then get her detailed. Wheels are getting done next along with minor dents.

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Pay attention dear Sir!! Look back further in the thread and you'll see. The rear end was replaced last May so all i need is a piano to fall out a window on the roof then i will be sorted! Other than that she's in very good nick. Got some minor carpark dings to remove from n/s (not my fault - previous owner) and then get her detailed. Wheels are getting done next along with minor dents.
    Too lazy to read all the posts lol she`s a beauty thats all that matters

Thread Information