Join Today
    Old Fart
    Weston on the Mud Somerset or in it if you get the tide wrong.
    Thanks

Thumbs up Looks like our T5 is leaving home

My brother-in-Law came around today to see if the 855 T5 would start, she has not been run for 12 months, and he wanted to see if she would fire up so that he could move her.

I had charged the battery up on Thursday, but didn't start her. He got in and turned her over about three times and she fired up, with a bit of rattle from the top end of the engine.

So he's now sorting out getting her to a garage to get her back on the road. He knows what the T5 is like to drive and is looking forward to it.

So now we only have Christine the money pit.
    “If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson (1778)

Did you know the EU says that you can't claim that drinking water prevents dehydration. So now you know for sure what many of have known for years that the EU is run by a bunch of nutters.

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    If you fancy another T5, just give me the nod. I have a cracking p1 here that I would love to go to a good home.

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    So, are you gonna get the dim sorted and keep christine or take the opportunity to chop her in?
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Old Fart
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foammanmark View Post
    If you fancy another T5, just give me the nod. I have a cracking p1 here that I would love to go to a good home.
    Not yet Mrs PA can't drive two cars at once, but thanks for the offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by martinrpeachey View Post
    So, are you gonna get the dim sorted and keep christine or take the opportunity to chop her in?
    We could be looking at chopping her in once the DIM is sorted. Mrs PA has just said she fancies an XC90 !! She used to like going off road with our Land Rover
    “If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson (1778)

Did you know the EU says that you can't claim that drinking water prevents dehydration. So now you know for sure what many of have known for years that the EU is run by a bunch of nutters.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Porcine_Aviator For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Tuesday 22nd May 2012)

Old Fart
    Thanks
    That's it the 855 T5 has gone. She has been sitting at the side of the house since July 20th 2010 when I had my stroke. We put air in the tyres , charged the battery and she fired up after a few turns of the key. The one rear disc rattled a bit as she was driven off but other than that she ran like a dream so my brother-in-law said. He wanted a larger car to move his gear around in, he does mixing for bands and has his own gear to transport.
    http://kewsound-studios.co.uk/

Thanks
    Must be a bit heart-wrenching but at least it's going to good use

I know of a P2 V70 T5 that might be up for grabs soon... (not mine)
    .. if you ever decide to part with Christine...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

8. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

Porcine_Aviator (Wednesday 27th June 2012)

Old Fart
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martinrpeachey View Post
    Must be a bit heart-wrenching but at least it's going to good use

I know of a P2 V70 T5 that might be up for grabs soon... (not mine)
    .. if you ever decide to part with Christine...
    Yep she was a fast lady and I would rather have another 855 T5 than a V70, far less to go wrong. And come the Zombie Apocalypse it will be easier to fix. To add to that having a flat front will do far more damage than one sliding up the bonnet and through your windscreen.

Thanks
    Lol
    zombie-explodo

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

Thread Information