Join Today
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    ...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Had mine done twice. Noticeable results every time. Not flash in pan as I'll be doing it again next year.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    In my own opinion only.......Terraclean is a total waste of £126 or whatever and removes ALL carbon including carbon that should not be removed down amongst the rings which helps to seal for better compression. Why does one think that it is no longer necessary to clean spark plugs for 30,000 mls ...because there is hardly any carbon to clean off the plugs which is why they developed iridium plugs etc. for longevity...

If the motor is used by a fuddy duddy which it won`t on this forum then ok get it done as town and slow running will tend to carbon up the rings more and can if unlucky stop the rings from any movement which will lose compression!

But having said the above the modern fuels we have now do not lend themselves to accumulating carbon as they burn with virtually no carbon build up as used to be the case. Shell Nitro has additives which clean the carbon away so why Terraclean if one has a performance engine and has to use Shell Nitro 98 ron.....just shows what owners know about what they do with the running of there motors.

I am not a clever git just logical and is all there for to see.....

Terraclean just have a good sales and advertising pitch which attracts the lesser knowledgable mechanic!....and also makes people inquisitive and bite.....ok...so if you are the home family man with 0.2kids and just the family low performance Ford and you have a penpushers job then go to Terraclean if you think it may solve yours problems in there adds...

Any engine runs smoother with an additive cleaner including STP and some other well known brands as so it will being on the Terraclean machine with there bottle of stuff being burnt but also it is burnt at a far higher temperature than the engine is usually run at!!

On the talk about O2 sensors ...they should be replaced as said by the manufacturers any time between 60,000 and 100,000 mls, if you get to 100,000 then your lucky they haven`t faltered but after that they are well past there best for reaction time and and if both are changed at the same time (as they wear at the same rate) then extra performance will easily surpass the Terraclean operation and will give better mpg all round ....so logic says spend the money on the sensors!

But as i always say ...Each to his own!

Reviews.......
    Last edited by 960kg; Sunday 26th April 2015 at 16:02.

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
    Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 960kg For This Useful Post:

Saaamon (Monday 27th April 2015)

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Had my 100K S60 D5 treated to a Terraclean at the Gaydon event recently....

The morning journey to Gaydon returned 48.4mpg over 170 miles sat at 70mph, whilst the exact journey home after the Terraclean treatment returned 51.2mpg. Not a massive improvement but definately noticeable imo.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 960kg View Post
    In my own opinion only.......Terraclean is a total waste of £126 or whatever and removes ALL carbon including carbon that should not be removed down amongst the rings which helps to seal for better compression. Why does one think that it is no longer necessary to clean spark plugs for 30,000 mls ...because there is hardly any carbon to clean off the plugs which is why they developed iridium plugs etc. for longevity...

If the motor is used by a fuddy duddy which it won`t on this forum then ok get it done as town and slow running will tend to carbon up the rings more and can if unlucky stop the rings from any movement which will lose compression!

But having said the above the modern fuels we have now do not lend themselves to accumulating carbon as they burn with virtually no carbon build up as used to be the case. Shell Nitro has additives which clean the carbon away so why Terraclean if one has a performance engine and has to use Shell Nitro 98 ron.....just shows what owners know about what they do with the running of there motors.

I am not a clever git just logical and is all there for to see.....

Terraclean just have a good sales and advertising pitch which attracts the lesser knowledgable mechanic!....and also makes people inquisitive and bite.....ok...so if you are the home family man with 0.2kids and just the family low performance Ford and you have a penpushers job then go to Terraclean if you think it may solve yours problems in there adds...

Any engine runs smoother with an additive cleaner including STP and some other well known brands as so it will being on the Terraclean machine with there bottle of stuff being burnt but also it is burnt at a far higher temperature than the engine is usually run at!!

On the talk about O2 sensors ...they should be replaced as said by the manufacturers any time between 60,000 and 100,000 mls, if you get to 100,000 then your lucky they haven`t faltered but after that they are well past there best for reaction time and and if both are changed at the same time (as they wear at the same rate) then extra performance will easily surpass the Terraclean operation and will give better mpg all round ....so logic says spend the money on the sensors!

But as i always say ...Each to his own!

Reviews.......
    With respect Keith, the OP's original Question was for those that have had their car Terracleaned, not for those that haven't!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post
    Had my 100K S60 D5 treated to a Terraclean at the Gaydon event recently....

The morning journey to Gaydon returned 48.4mpg over 170 miles sat at 70mph, whilst the exact journey home after the Terraclean treatment returned 51.2mpg. Not a massive improvement but definately noticeable imo.
    In my book, an extra 3 mpg IS a big improvement!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

stephenevans99 (Monday 27th April 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    With respect Keith, the OP's original Question was for those that have had their car Terracleaned, not for those that haven't!
    With respect also Lee.........the title of the thread is about the Terraclean system and if you read all the posts it is a discussion about the process, which i just happened to give my own opinion....Lol

Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    In my book, an extra 3 mpg IS a big improvement!
    With more respect ...you may be an AA man which in this modern world of cars you just generally collect and deliver motors to garages because of there nature.....but the extra miles per gallon on the info centre do actually mean what is based on what is left in the tank and not just what the engine has consumed!.....whats more these figures would be well surpassed by new O2 sensors...been there done it...in fact any one can get another 3mpg by simply just going onto cruise control....Lol

So please just let me have my own opinion instead of you knocking every ones elses posts as you usually do if you disagree...this is forum used by many and not just yourself......live and let live!

If you read all these posts in these pages you are the only one that rates or gets orgasms about Terraclean....funny that or do you just have to justify spending your money on a mistake!......however this process is more akin to high mileage older engines that may or may not get more benefit!....but to me the higher the mileage the more important that there should be some carbon in the engine to keep it quiet and for performance that these modern burnt fuels do with a limited amount.

Lastly......i don`t understand your logic as with over 300bhp you have to be on Shell Nitro 98ron which contains cleaning additives , so you are literally throwing money out the exhaust pipe with Terraclean!

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 960kg View Post
    With respect also Lee.........the title of the thread is about the Terraclean system and if you read all the posts it is a discussion about the process, which i just happened to give my own opinion....Lol

With more respect ...you may be an AA man which in this modern world of cars you just generally collect and deliver motors to garages because of there nature.....but the extra miles per gallon on the info centre do actually mean what is based on what is left in the tank and not just what the engine has consumed!.....whats more these figures would be well surpassed by new O2 sensors...been there done it...in fact any one can get another 3mpg by simply just going onto cruise control....Lol

So please just let me have my own opinion instead of you knocking every ones elses posts as you usually do if you disagree...this is forum used by many and not just yourself......live and let live!

If you read all these posts in these pages you are the only one that rates or gets orgasms about Terraclean....funny that or do you just have to justify spending your money on a mistake!......however this process is more akin to high mileage older engines that may or may not get more benefit!....but to me the higher the mileage the more important that there should be some carbon in the engine to keep it quiet and for performance that these modern burnt fuels do with a limited amount.

Lastly......i don`t understand your logic as with over 300bhp you have to be on Shell Nitro 98ron which contains cleaning additives , so you are literally throwing money out the exhaust pipe with Terraclean!
    Well that just goes to show how much you really don't know.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    I will say this. I don't know ££££ about Terraclean, but it strikes me as another super dooper snake oil product that more than likely causes a really good placebo effect for whoever just shelled out the hundred quid or whatever it costs. But that's just my uninformed opinion. I may be utterly wrong. What evs.

I will also say this. Keith, WTF are you on? What the ££££ makes you think that you can continually attack someone for having a job that you clearly feel is beneath you? Grow up, you sad, pathetic, bitter old man.
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

11. The Following User Says Thank You to S70T5Chris For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Monday 27th April 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S70T5Chris View Post
    I will also say this. Keith, WTF are you on? What the ££££ makes you think that you can continually attack someone for having a job that you clearly feel is beneath you? Grow up, you sad, pathetic, bitter old man.
    At least i do not get personal like your attack on me and others i dare not mention!......i suppose your another member of the clicky, clicky brigade that cannot read properly as well.....

I am not demeaning his job as you so politely put it!........but as he is an AA man then he knows enough to know better what he posts or writes....he always gives the impression that he has just come out of Uni and needs experience!....he always has to be correct in his manner and his criticism of fellow members.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Starting to think I shouldn't have asked .

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

LiamT4 (Tuesday 28th April 2015)

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Starting to think I shouldn't have asked .
    did any of the bitching above help you decide? I'm not convinced yet....

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy12345 View Post
    did any of the bitching above help you decide? I'm not convinced yet....
    I think the best thing is to drive there approx 2 mile ,Have it done then I can drive back and see if there is any change by the time I get back home.

at the very least my wallet will be a bit lighter.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Monday 27th April 2015)

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    I think the best think is to drive there approx 2 mile ,Have it done then I can drive back and see if there is any change by the time I get back home.

at the very least my wallet will be a bit lighter.
    Yeah but what if they put some sort of octane booster in there so it 'feels' better just after....))

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy12345 View Post
    Yeah but what if they put some sort of octane booster in there so it 'feels' better just after....))
    But I put in shell V Power so there.

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    But I put in shell V Power so there.
    hmmm how can you argue with Ed China though...he really rates it looking at this video...it's almost as if he was paid to do it

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesy12345 For This Useful Post:

Harvey (Monday 27th April 2015)

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    From what i've read it seems to work better on low mileage cars and those that do short journeys, on cars that tend to do longer commutes for example, it doesn't make much difference.

Make of that, what you will..... lol
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    A ridiculous pantomime for which you pay dearly.

You can 'self administer' identical products that will give you 'some' benefits in a fraction of the time at far less cost

A rip off.... PERIOD.

Don.
    MTE performance software, Ferrita stainless exhausts, TME stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

24. The Following User Says Thank You to don kalmar union For This Useful Post:

claymore (Wednesday 29th April 2015)

Meh.....
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,118 Posts
    I might sound a bit stupid here but does terraclean do the breathing side of things ie the pcv etc or is it just the fuelling side of things?
    With regards to it being pumped around the engine would it be advisable to have an oil change after it as i cant see it doing any good when it passes the rings down the bores & into the oil.
    I've not used it myself but I know a few that have & they have been impressed by results. Not sure I would be happy using it on my 178k engine though.
    Colin (claymore) was telling me about sea foam, would this not be a better product to use & have some money left in the back pocket?
    missing being Swedish

Previously:
    03 S40 Sport Lux 1.9d SOLD
    1998 MTE Stage 2 V70 T5 Manual SOLD
    1998 V70R AWD Manual BROKEN

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    This is during a Sea Foam treatment It did cure my sticky tappet for a few weeks.

PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

Thread Information