Join Today
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Mine is booked in on June 8th. Spoke to the gent at Swale MOT center in Sittingbourne and he said they have done 6 vehicles so far including his old Ford Transit with 250k on the clock. He said the difference was night and day. He no longer struggles up Detling hill!
    If your engine is well looked after and clean then the results will be alot smaller. However, i will be over the moon if i gain a couple of extra horses and 2 0r 3 extra mpg!
    Bargain too at £70 + VAT. Total time to do the job is allowing 1.5 - 2 hours.

I will Share the results and i'm quite looking forwards to it.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

Haizum74 (Wednesday 30th May 2012),Rhys (Wednesday 30th May 2012)

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Right, just finished typing up my project thread with a review of this mornings Terraclean service :

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...471#post505471

For those of you wanting the short version, I can thoroughly recommend having this done to your car, throttle response is greatly improved along with hopefully a few extra mpg !
    There will be a more noticeable benefit to engines that have a few miles on them, mine has 59,000 but I still noticed a difference.
    Along with a £20.00 discount for my wasted trip last week I'm a happy bunny today

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to V70 Graham For This Useful Post:

bubba_1986 (Thursday 31st May 2012),doorman (Sunday 10th June 2012),Haizum74 (Thursday 31st May 2012),Harvey (Thursday 31st May 2012),M-R-P (Thursday 31st May 2012),Nealevo (Thursday 31st May 2012),Rnash2002 (Thursday 31st May 2012),y2blade (Thursday 31st May 2012)

Skint and kanckered!
    Thanks
    I've not long fitted cleaned injectors.

Is this worth doing so as to clean the rest of the system?

Should one fit a new fuel filter beofre or after the clean?

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by I want a T5 View Post
    Is this worth doing so as to clean the rest of the system?
    I would say so, it cleans the whole system from the injectors, combustion chamber, oxygen sensors all the way through to the catalytic converter.

Should one fit a new fuel filter beofre or after the clean?
    Thats one thing I didn't ask, I would imagine after, maybe give them a call just to check though.

Skint and kanckered!
    Thanks
    Makes me wish I had seen this before having the injectors done. But then again, I have read many times that the only way to REALLY clean the injectors to remove the baked on glaze that is the main problem with injector pattern, is to use the ultrasound method.

Belt and braces approach makes me think both would be good; especially on mine that has just turned 180k miles.

Skint and kanckered!
    Thanks
    I would also add, it would be interesting to see the spray pattern before and after the Terraclean method to see how it directly compares to the more targetted ultrasound method.

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    I would also add, it would be interesting to see the spray pattern before and after the Terraclean method to see how it directly compares to the more targetted ultrasound method.
    That is true, but not really practical for me.....all I can say is I have noticed the improvement driving the car, hope the review helped.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to V70 Graham For This Useful Post:

Kingsford G (Thursday 31st May 2012)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Mine is booked in on June 8th. Spoke to the gent at Swale MOT center in Sittingbourne and he said they have done 6 vehicles so far including his old Ford Transit with 250k on the clock. He said the difference was night and day. He no longer struggles up Detling hill!
    If your engine is well looked after and clean then the results will be alot smaller. However, i will be over the moon if i gain a couple of extra horses and 2 0r 3 extra mpg!
    Bargain too at £70 + VAT. Total time to do the job is allowing 1.5 - 2 hours.

I will Share the results and i'm quite looking forwards to it.
    Following with interest

Aye I know Detling hill...used to have to take a flyer at it in the g/fs Metro

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Sounds like it doing something good .
    Glad you are happy with the job.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

V70 Graham (Thursday 31st May 2012)

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,419 Posts
    Looks like a bbetter option than just injector cleaning and only about £20 diff.

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsford G View Post
    Looks like a bbetter option than just injector cleaning and only about £20 diff.
    .....and only takes an hour tops, no need to be without the car while you send your injectors off.

Skint and kanckered!
    Thanks
    Certainly a lot of pros and no cons as yet!

...here we go again...
    Thanks

Terra cleaned.....

Ok ladies!
    Had my car Terracleaned at Swale MOT center in Sittingbourne and before i start, a BIG thanks to the guys there, especially Phil who worked on my car. Treated my R with kid gloves and did a bloody good job...THANKS

Firstly we did a 5 point emission check:

CO - 0.00%
    CO2 - 15.7%
    O2 - 0.05%
    HC - 45 ppm
    Lambda - 1.001

As for the job...first thing was to locate and remove fuel pump fuse. F33 in o/s fuse box. Fuse pulled, engine running....and running....and running..............................2 minutes later (were getting concerned now as well as confused).....Finally, she cut out.

Terra clean hose connected, canisters charged and unit filled. For some bizarre reason my car would not hold 2500rpm with the foot pedal contraption fitted, it just kept racing away. So i jumped in and tried. It just kept racing away, so i dipped the clutch and blow me she was stable! Weird. Anyway, about 10 minutes or so later the car finally cut out. This was normal as its used up the terraclean fuel.

Fuel pump fuse back in, engine started and allowed to warm back up.

Hooked back onto the analyst machine and end results were:

CO - 0.00%
    CO2 - 15.7%
    O2 - 0.07%
    HC - 6 ppm
    Lambda - 1.003

As you can see, Hydro Carbons have come right down meaning the car is burning clean. Not that the HC was high anyway but a dramatic drop none the less. O2 is also up as it should be cos it's burning clean. One thing i will mention is the CO %. Phil said he has never seen a car burn 0.00% CO. He was amazed.

This is proof that not only does it clean your O2 sensors making them react quicker resulting in less fuel used but clearly it has cleaned the catalyst.
    God only knows what it done inside the engine but i bet its unbelievably clean!

As for real time driving. WIthin a mile or two i could feel the response was immediate. Improved driveability, pulls harder and no fluctuations in boost. It pulls hard, smooth and faster than before. Gear changes are smoother due to engine rpm maintaining a higher level between gear changes. No change in idle. At the moment i have only seen a 1 mpg decrease in fuel consumption, but over the next week or two i hope to get a much better average....if i can keep my right foot from being buried into the carpet!! OH, how the turbo sings and the exhaust roars!!!!!
    Last edited by LeeT5; Saturday 9th June 2012 at 23:03.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

Harvey (Sunday 10th June 2012),Rhys (Saturday 9th June 2012),stephenevans99 (Sunday 10th June 2012),t5 pete (Saturday 9th June 2012),V70 Graham (Saturday 9th June 2012)

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Brilliant info lee and really glad it has shown signs of improvment

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Just trying to save the planet,R's are environmental after all.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Just trying to save the planet,R's are environmental after all.
    For at least the last 6 months my mpg has hardly ever crept above 21mpg. At the last look today it was 21.8 and i was driving fast....very fast!

Seriously guys (and gals) the improvement is night and day. I will be making this a regular thing from now on, as part of her yearly service!!

I will post back here in two weeks time and let you all know my ave' mpg then.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

Kingsford G (Sunday 10th June 2012)

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    For at least the last 6 months my mpg has hardly ever crept above 21mpg. At the last look today it was 21.8 and i was driving fast....very fast!

Seriously guys (and gals) the improvement is night and day. I will be making this a regular thing from now on, as part of her yearly service!!

What do they say about oil changes before or after its been done.
    Harvey

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    What do they say about oil changes before or after its been done.
    Harvey
    Nothing. I changed my oil about 2 months ago so mine is nice and clean anyway.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks

I just filled up my s60R and put in £50 of v power in the trip meter says I've travelled a grand total of 156 miles ,I don't use it much just run around town all local trips.
    I think I will get a clean done when there's a local garage to me gets a machine.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by V70 Graham View Post
    Right, just finished typing up my project thread with a review of this mornings Terraclean service :

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...471#post505471

For those of you wanting the short version, I can thoroughly recommend having this done to your car, throttle response is greatly improved along with hopefully a few extra mpg !
    There will be a more noticeable benefit to engines that have a few miles on them, mine has 59,000 but I still noticed a difference.
    Along with a £20.00 discount for my wasted trip last week I'm a happy bunny today
    Told you so! PS my mpg is up by 3-4 mpg bonus

Thread Information