Join Today
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doorman View Post
    Give my regards to Jags, he's the owner and a real nice guy, tell him I'm well pleased with the result. (Silver V70 R AWD)
    Will do.

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post

.....when he starts the Jag, is the engine cold when he sticks it on the EGA that then shows poor emissions? After one hour of running on an increased tickover whilst having the treatment, the CATs on that Jag will be nice and hot and performing properly - I wonder if the amazing results weren't ALL down to the treatment, but the fact that the CAT's were hot and doing their job as opposed to cold and not.

I'll be sure and give mine a run before dropping it off

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Can any of you wheeler dealears tell me where that Jag was registered on 'nby' ???

'Ow do
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 694 Posts
    This treatment is really exciting stuff and will be well worth doing for the results, but I wonder if Edd's video on the Jag is a bit misleading.

When he starts the Jag, is the engine cold when he sticks it on the EGA that then shows poor emissions? After one hour of running on an increased tickover whilst having the treatment, the CATs on that Jag will be nice and hot and performing properly - I wonder if the amazing results weren't ALL down to the treatment, but the fact that the CAT's were hot and doing their job as opposed to cold and not.

Am I talking out of my pessimistic ar$se ??!!??

Steve
    No, its the pessimists that do the testing to prove a claim works or not and doesn't accept something as given/fact. Otherwise we would all be munching on sugar pills commonly put under the guise of the pseudoscience that is homeopathy (as an example).

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haizum74 For This Useful Post:

doorman (Friday 18th May 2012),stephenevans99 (Monday 21st May 2012)

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    Can any of you wheeler dealears tell me where that Jag was registered on 'nby' ???
    Thought I had the answer....it turned out to be wrong. The plate is most likely to be a cherished number anyway.
    Last edited by stephenevans99; Monday 21st May 2012 at 20:26. Reason: humble pie

This user has no status

Thanks
    This treatment is really exciting stuff and will be well worth doing for the results, but I wonder if Edd's video on the Jag is a bit misleading.

When he starts the Jag, is the engine cold when he sticks it on the EGA that then shows poor emissions? After one hour of running on an increased tickover whilst having the treatment, the CATs on that Jag will be nice and hot and performing properly - I wonder if the amazing results weren't ALL down to the treatment, but the fact that the CAT's were hot and doing their job as opposed to cold and not.

Am I talking out of my pessimistic ar$se ??!!??

Steve
    Gotta admit I was thinking that, once the cats hot it will bring the levels down more. Have to do it on a few of my old cars to get it through the test.

But would consider giving it a go.

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Well.....

Turned up this morning at 1145 (I like to be on time lol) to be greeted by the mechanic (not Jags) he knew I was booked in as when I approached he said 'Volvo De-Carbon' good start.....or so I thought.
    Upon entering the small but very clean garage I saw he was struggling with connecting the Terraclean machine to a BMW M5, 'any chance of popping back about 1400 ?' hmmm.....

Now it may be me, but if they took my phone number as a 'contact' when I booked, surely they should have called to say they were running late.

Arrived back home just now (16 mile round trip) and called Jags, to be fair he was very apologetic, and offered me a discount when I return, this was even before I told him I was here after being recommended by a friend (doorman, who he did remember) and I also told him I was planning to do a full review for the VPCUK forum.

So to sum up, I will be trying to book again when I have a day off, Jags did apologise and offer a discount as a token of goodwill.....maybe I'll call before I leave next time

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Hmmm, not a good start but at least they tried to make up for it. I hope the discount will cover the cost of fueling a T5 for 32 miles (about 6 litres at £1.48 - V-power)
    Perhaps thery were having a really hard time with the beemer (who wouldn't) but it would be polite to call. Hopefully this is just a glitch in an otherwise good setup.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Driving old Volvos, because im
    cool!
    Thanks
    Keep us posted Graham, im very interested in this, as long as it does what it says on the tin, but ive seen stuff like this before thats been all smoke and mirrors!!! Looking forward to your update!

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo View Post
    .....keep us posted Graham, im very interested in this, as long as it does what it says on the tin, but ive seen stuff like this before thats been all smoke and mirrors!!! Looking forward to your update!
    Will do, won't be till I get another day off though, at least the end of next week.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by V70 Graham View Post
    Will do, won't be till I get another day off though, at least the end of next week.
    Sorry to hear you had a problem, I guess there through a learning curve at this moment in time. There was a minor problem with mine which they had to overcome in so much on removing fuse for fuel pump, also killed the spark, so in the end had to disconnect fuel pump from the tank, at least they now know what to do with yours.
    I guarantee you will definitely feel the difference, plus mpg has shot up by about 3mpg.
    David

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    .....there was a minor problem with mine which they had to overcome in so much on removing fuse for fuel pump, also killed the spark, so in the end had to disconnect fuel pump from the tank, at least they now know what to do with yours.....
    Thanks for that David, always good to be prepared

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for that David, always good to be prepared
    Trust you can get booked in again real soon. Hope to see you Sunday at The CB meet, as am looking forward to casting my eye over that lovelly T5 you have there and of course meeting you.

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Trust you can get booked in again real soon. Hope to see you Sunday at The CB meet, as am looking forward to casting my eye over that lovelly T5 you have there and of course meeting you.
    Hopefully get booked in Thurs/Fri

No meet for me this week.....work, work and more work, though I'm sure we'll catch up soon.

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Just off the phone, all booked in first thing Thursday.....watch this space

This user has no statues
    Thanks
    Just off the phone, all booked in first thing Thursday.....watch this space
    Interesting to hear your findings
    Not a '97 V70 T-5 CD Auto, Black, Black leather anymore..
    replaced a Mercedes S202 C220 Cdi diseasal Now scrapped!! (best place for it, it was crap!)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    I emailed Terraclean and they located a garage in Sittingbourne, Kent. This is the nearest to me. I am going to go there today once my car is fixed at the Dealer and have a look. I will grab as much ifo from them as possible and see how the land lies. I am seriously interested in this and its results!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    The sceptic in me (brought up on Redex and countless other treatments - ha, and V-Power!) suggests that whilst the system may clean out some of the cack, that in real terms, one may notice no major difference at all. I would invest the money in a Jimka injector clean - which is a measurable, high quality and sensible fix - and buy a few gallons of decent fuel and go for a 100 mile motorway run in 4th gear with the money you have saved. That will clean out all that needs to be shifted in the carbon department IMHO
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Not long now good luck this time hope that they don't mess you around again.

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Not long now good luck this time hope that they don't mess you around again.
    Fingers crossed.....roll on 0900 tomorrow

Thread Information