Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Owner of a SupeRioR
    Thanks

Eibach Springs EBay

Bad experience turned good

As you all know I had a bad experience with E-Parts over an eBay sale of some Eibach springs for my S60R. This issue has been resolved amicably with the company owner.

Please bear in mind when ordering Eibach springs on eBay that companies advertise as showing items available as on some occasions they are sent direct from the manufacturer which in time scale would still arrive on the estimated date.

However On occasion the manufacturer might not have them in stock so always take this into account when booking cars in for parts to be fitted and leave extra time in case of stock issues.
    Last edited by Pinup_gal; Thursday 10th May 2012 at 21:32. Reason: User requested edit

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sharkey R For This Useful Post:

BlackBeastC70 (Thursday 10th May 2012),Chad (Wednesday 9th May 2012),Jamest5r (Wednesday 9th May 2012),MoleT-5R (Thursday 10th May 2012),S70T5Chris (Thursday 10th May 2012),stephenevans99 (Wednesday 9th May 2012),T5frankie (Wednesday 9th May 2012),t5_monkey (Wednesday 9th May 2012),volvokid (Wednesday 9th May 2012)

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    I've just had a look at their website and they seem to be a reputable company, however it seems their Customer Services suck big time. Thanks for the heads up.

It would be nice to call them up on the number on their website and explain you were organising a forum group buy but feel let down by their services. I know Eibach have informed you of a 2 week wait, but perhaps dangling the proverbial carrot will gain a little extra discount.

Owner of a SupeRioR
    Thanks
    It's more the way they speak on the phone like they don't care and the fact they told me at least 2 lies with regards to the stock of the item. Wasn't till afterwards I looked the the feedback and saw all the negatives. Might be that I just had bad luck but wanted to prewarn others.

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Definitely a good thing to give a heads up on bad experiences with suppliers. In this climate, there's no excuse to give poor customer service.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stephenevans99 For This Useful Post:

Sharkey R (Wednesday 9th May 2012)

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    It's not legal to take payment for something they don't hold in stock.

You are fully entitled to a full refund - post up their website address here, and contact details - that way anyone who Googles them will pick up this thread.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
    It's not legal to take payment for something they don't hold in stock.

You are fully entitled to a full refund - post up their website address here, and contact details - that way anyone who Googles them will pick up this thread.
    If its on via PayPal and you make the payment, that is then legal as you've confirmed the payment. Seller hasnt done the transaction then. Mad isn't it

9. The Following User Says Thank You to robsv40 For This Useful Post:

t5_monkey (Thursday 10th May 2012)

Owner of a SupeRioR
    Thanks
    I've sent them an abrupt message asking for a full refund as they don't have the item in stock and so I shouldn't incur a handling charge.

If I get no response which i am kind of expecting then I shall take it further with eBay and if needs be PayPal.

It wouldn't have been so bad If I hadn't booked the car in with a garage on the 16th to have them fitted. I ordered them on the 30th April and even with a bank holiday they shouldn't take 17 days to arrive!

I told them from the initial order tha I had the car booked in then and if there was any problem to email me but I'm the one that's had to do all the chasing.

Poor poor customer service. And to top things off when they do finally answer the phone and talk to you they come across as very sarcastic!
    Last edited by Sharkey R; Wednesday 9th May 2012 at 22:17. Reason: Spelling error

Owner of a SupeRioR
    Thanks
    I've removed the details as the owner was kind enough to contact me and have a proper discussion.

He has given his side of the issue regarding Eibach stock and was kind enough to let me vent my frustration over the lack of communication which he is going to resolve so as such I am writing this to let everyone know that the issue has been rectified.
    Last edited by Sharkey R; Thursday 10th May 2012 at 20:23.

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    send them an email saying you'd like a full refund within 5 working days otherwise you'll be contacting trading standards with a full record of events.

They will use their own imagination to decide what horrors you'll be sending and refund you quick smart

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors

This user has no status

Thanks
    4700 positives and 20 negatives is not bad at all in 12 months.

Everybody gets let down by suppliers from time to time, and I will point them in this direction.

I personally have never had a problem and my list of purchases from e parts is quite long!

Shaun

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun850 View Post
    4700 positives and 20 negatives is not bad at all in 12 months.

Everybody gets let down by suppliers from time to time, and I will point them in this direction.

I personally have never had a problem and my list of purchases from e parts is quite long!

Shaun
    fair point f*** ups can happen and everyone can have a bad day... don't let one duff order spoil your view of humanity

This user has no status

Thanks
    I can't get my head round this, its been 8 working days since payment, the chap has 26 post's and registered less than a month can come on a abuse a company that has been running 10years through eBay with feedback anyone would be proud to have..

Sharkey I can see why your pi$$ed but sometimes it can't be helped mate

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    They shouldn't be taking full payment for something they don't stock - unless they are dispatching from a stock source - which they don't appear to be if it's going to take 2 weeks.

Larkspeed took payment details from me when I got springs, and charged me when they were dispatched - that's the professional way of doing things.

That said.... the guy felt aggrieved when on the phone, he's entitled to an opinion - if they have taken payment and can't supply - if a customer asks for a refund it should be done immediately.

If they are a good company, they should email or call - apologise for the mix up, refund and give him an email code or something for £10 off future orders, as a gesture of goodwill (which will probably benefit them if he buys again anyway).

Owner of a SupeRioR
    Thanks
    Ok current update.

Yes I appreciate I'm quite new to this forum but can I just point out I started this thread as a warning that they say they stock Eibach springs yet in reality they don't. Their customer service is appalling, I didn't get a single email telling me they don't stock the item or an update on delivery times.

I phoned them 4 times in total and got a different story each time. They twice told me they had sent the springs which turns out to be a lie as when I contacted Eibach they had my order through them and said that they wouldn't be in stock for at least 2 weeks. I had made them aware of the date I needed them and yet they couldn't be honest enough to tell me they didn't have them in stock.

I'm merely warning people that even though they show springs as AVAILABLE they are intact ordered from the factory. In my eyes that's misleading

Rant over.

To be fair to the company they have sent me a full refund this morning so it's gone a little way to restore my faith but it still doesn't detract from a disappointing experience and I just wanted to make others aware.
    Last edited by Sharkey R; Thursday 10th May 2012 at 20:46.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharkey R For This Useful Post:

Owner of a SupeRioR
    Thanks
    Shaun I understand your comments and am pleased you've had good experiences with them, I'm not here to abuse them and if you read my initial post again you'll see that it is predominantly about Eibach Springs from them. I thought the idea of forums is to help each other, give advise and generally share experiences to help each other.

Didn't realise I have to accrue a certain amount of posts before I can voice an opinion.

I'm not here to make enemies, maybe I was a bit strong but I just don't want anyone else to be disappointed when ordering lowering springs if they've already booked their cars in to have them fitted.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharkey R For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    I for one am very grateful to hear of peoples negative experiences, so I can make an informed decision as to whether I would ever use said company.

Hearing negative feedback is every bit as useful to everyone as hearing positive feedback in my opinion. It will save you from getting stung at some point. And if you choose to ignore it, and go ahead anyway, you only have yourself to blame if things go pear shaped!

I'm not saying EParts are a bad bunch, as Shaun says, they have a great feedback rating on eGay, and that counts for a lot. But I think it's fair to hear of good and bad experiences of a suppliers that might be of interest to members of the forum.

I'm not totally put off using EParts, on the surface they seem pretty professional (and they come recommended by another forum member), But now I would bare in mind that they might not 'stock' what I order. So, cheers for the heads up!
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

Owner of a SupeRioR
    Thanks

E-Parts Issue Resolved

After a lengthy phone call from the owner of E-Parts and a discussion over the issues I've had he was kind enough to apologise profusely and will look into the lack of communication I received. He listened to what I had to say and took it on board and for that I thank him and felt it only right to update this to let everyone know the situation.

Now does anyone know how I go about removing the thread or at least remove the title?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Why? It's informative, and info I think that should be available for people to see????
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

24. The Following User Says Thank You to S70T5Chris For This Useful Post:

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    I think it's good to leave the post up.

It's an accurate log from your point of view - email them and tell them they can post up with their own reply anytime!

Glad you got it sorted.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post:

Sharkey R (Thursday 10th May 2012)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Shame its been edited now. Should have been left as it was.

Thread Information