Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Starting problems

After a run in the volvo to the supermarket when i turn the key it keeps cranking but refuses to fire up this has happened last 2 days now if its cranking for a while it will finally fire into life no smoke! i checked the spark plugs yesterday could this possibly be down to the leads or injectors? the only needle that moves when cranking is the turbo needle flicks a bit there is no problem once its running so im stumped a little.

the true nut job
    Thanks
    poss crank sensor or cam sensor....and try and get the codes...
    who puts 300bhp in a volvo.....DONT MIND MY SMILE, THE VOICES IN MY HEAD ARE JUST TELLING DIRTY JOKES........v70R...hids..black mesh grill...17 inch R alloys..groved and drilled front and rear disc..lots bling..,k-n filter..yamaha R1-98 with nos..touring bike honda varadero xl 1000...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    is there away to short the obd to flash codes using the eml like in a vectra? ie inserting a paperclip between 2 pins making the eml flash

Volvo sucks....... lots of air
    Thanks
    You can make your own OBD-2 reader. I don't have the ciruit right now but it's been done and I have one myself. Will come back to you unless some kind folks here beats me to it.

As for the starting issue, check your fuel regulator. A punctured unit will drain your fuel rail after a while when parked.

Thread Information