Join Today
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Originally Posted by 960kg;
    If anyone was prepared to buy this type of supercar at that price with todays fuel prices they would be finding all out about them before parting with there money, a serious buyer would not be caught out. But there are the buyers that want this type of car whatever even if they know the seller is wrong in it`s advertising. So basically who cares what BHP it produces it is the condition of the motor which is paramount not the fact that it may have the wrong steering wheel or different coloured carpets. Owners of the early V70`s / 850`s they all tart them up as they are too old now, and we buy cheap and customize ourself to keep the marque going and save them being crushed.

The guy that bought my old one didn't know what he was coming to see because he just had an ad to go on and my word.He bought it but did say he had been all over the country being assured by the sellers that everything was good but they were the opposite.It cost him a fortune doing that so if a forum can help a member with facts not fiction so be it.
    Oh and my old one is still on the road after a few years

960kg you should join some 4x4 forums and find out how some people are on a keyboard.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbodave View Post
    Ok, I'll bite...

Hugs x
    I never wanted anyone to bite, i just like to talk about these sensitive things and understand peoples views to the hassling of sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post

The guy that bought my old one didn't know what he was coming to see because he just had an ad to go on and my word.He bought it but did say he had been all over the country being assured by the sellers that everything was good but they were the opposite.It cost him a fortune doing that so if a forum can help a member with facts not fiction so be it.
    Oh and my old one is still on the road after a few years

960kg you should join some 4x4 forums and find out how some people are on a keyboard.
    I could well imagine what 4 x 4 owners are like when criticized!

As said it is the sending of these very sarcastic messages to sellers which i disagree with. The sellers know what they are doing that is why they lie in there answers. The senders of these messages are just literally showing up this forum and giving it a bad name.
    Name & Shame for what, they are only in the same boat as most ,they want money to live and have to take chances in there advertisments.

OK, to come on here and ask what to look for when going after buying motors but surely not to the extent that some on here have done when it is brought to there attention some errors in an advert and that person has nothing to do with the purchase of the motor, the persons involved with that are just merely making themselves look fools to other forum members.

You cannot trust any seller anywhere and don`t kid yourself with buying from a Volvo forum........i bought what i thought as described a Light Beige pull over cover for my `97 V70 and when delivered it was just wrapped in one layer of bubble wrap so of course it had dents on top of the metal long cover, it was also Sand Beige which i didn`t want......do i send it back at my cost because it got dented, do i claim for the damage, i did neither as it simply wasn`t worth it but it was described to me by a fellow Volvo forum member as excellent condition and was light beige.I would of expected proper packing for the price i paid.
    I bought my V70 from Norwich from another member,same Volvo forum, It was described as not Concours but almost!!!!.......It will fly through the MOT because it has all new brakes etc. etc. I was so impressed that i went to Norwich and because i was late bought it late evening. It looked ok but i was not overly enthused. But the difference was that i wanted it whatever because of it`s colour and body condition.
    When it went for it`s MOT 1 week later it cost me £300 as the front wishbone was shot along with the bolts very loose which hold the strut to the hub unit it was in a very dangerous roadworthy condition which is what was written on the fail of the MOT in big red letters. So imagine what i felt after owning about 40 cars over 46yrs, you would of thought i would of learnt my lesson but one never does and as said i wanted the motor whatever.

I never harassed the bloke i bought it from or even asked for some money back, i actually never got caught out either as i always disbelieve sellers, a couple of my best mates have there own small motor business so i know the what goes on, after all owners only sell cars because there is something wrong with them and need money spending on them, the sooner people realise this the less the disapointment becomes when you find something wrong or worn out.

Turbo dave, i hope you find what you are looking for, but don`t travel a long way for a motor let it come to you, just wait and there will be one just around the next corner.

Keith

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
    Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    we look after our own on this forum, although there are a few who dont give a stuff

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5frankie View Post
    we look after our own on this forum, although there are a few who dont give a stuff
    Hi Frankie, i have noticed this already.

Keith

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
    Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 960kg View Post
    Hi Frankie, i have noticed this already.

Keith
    you had a bad day mate? lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    If you sell a dog on here it will most certainly bite you later!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmie For This Useful Post:

T5frankie (Sunday 13th May 2012)

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 960kg View Post
    To be quite honest i only joined this forum some few weeks back and i joined because i am a member on other sites as well and wanted to be part of an exciting more performance enhanced forum which sadly for me hasn`t come up to my expectations.

The S40 VOC section is really great with a good bunch of owners who know there own levels.

The 850/V70 VOC section are quite reasonable owners with a few £££££e members that think they are better than a lot of others and duly let them know.

So i joined this side hoping all would be a pleasant experience but sadly have now found that it really is the worst for tearing people to shreds for the sake of themselves knowing others will support them.

To be honest i think it stinks and lesser beings on this planet do not treat others as you do on here.

I am a nobody and i know it but here are some that just wallow in there own self righteousness for there own ego.

How you can just pick holes in all peoples adverts all over the place and have to comment on here and have a good old gangbang about them really does give this Forum a very bad taste in the mouth, and not only mine. You do really scrape the barrel for items to talk about and the banter is really so ridiculous subtly arguing to and fro hoping that you have stated your case in a rather quiet manner so it may be accepted.

I think this thread will do lot of harm to this forum and it will only encourage more like it if not stopped. It is just not right to hassle sellers just to prove your better knowledge, if your buying the motor ok, but you not are you, as you already have your own!

So about the contents in topic:

If anyone was prepared to buy this type of supercar at that price with todays fuel prices they would be finding all out about them before parting with there money, a serious buyer would not be caught out. But there are the buyers that want this type of car whatever even if they know the seller is wrong in it`s advertising. So basically who cares what BHP it produces it is the condition of the motor which is paramount not the fact that it may have the wrong steering wheel or different coloured carpets. Owners of the early V70`s / 850`s they all tart them up as they are too old now, and we buy cheap and customize ourself to keep the marque going and save them being crushed.

I don`t know where this list originates from but it can`t be taken as gospel because my `97 V70 T5 has a 16T 240ps with a Bosch M4.4 and the list does not state this.

5 cylinder

B5254T2 TD04L-14T ---/-- Bosch ME7x 8692518
    B5244T3 TD04HL-13G ---/-- Bosch ME7x --------
    B5234FT TD04HL-15G 150/40 Bosch M4.3 5003910
    B5234FT TD04HL-15G 150/40 Bosch M4.3 8601070
    B5234FT TD04HL-15G 150/40 Bosch M4.4 8601238
    B5234T3 TD04HL-16T 218/60 Bosch ME7 9471655
    B5234T3 TD04HL-16T 275/60 Bosch ME7 8601691
    B5234T3 TD04HL-16T 275/60 Bosch M4.3 8601691
    B5234T4 TD04HL-16T 216/60 Bosch M4.3 1275663
    B5234T4 TD04HL-16T 216/60 Bosch M4.3 8601239
    B5234T4 TD04HL-16T 216/60 Bosch M4.3 8601226
    B5234T4 TD04HL-18T 275/60 Bosch M4.4 9185628
    B5234T4 TD04HL-18T 275/60 Bosch M4.4 8601456
    B5234T5 TD04HL-15G 150/40 Bosch M4.3 9146785
    B5234T8 TD04HL-18T 300/70 Bosch ME7 9454563
    B5234T8 TD04HL-18T 300/70 Bosch ME7 8601461
    B5244RT TD04HL-19T 300/70 Bosch ME7 9471657
    B5244RT TD04HL-19T 300/70 Bosch ME7 8601693
    B5254T TD04HL-13G 150/30 Bosch M4.4 8601227
    B5254T4 KKK-K24 --- Bosch ME7.1 8602805
    It's easy to think people are being negative - but in fact it's just accuracy.

If someone saved you from buying something that wasn't what you thought, I'm sure you would buy them a pint.

Some people can be miserable, some people do get ripped off by BS merchants - personally I'd rather listen to someone who was moany once in a while rather than get stung when buying a car!

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

9. The Following User Says Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post:

T5frankie (Sunday 13th May 2012)

Thread Information