Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Well, finally got around to checking for matrix leaks. Pressurised the system for an hour and no leaks. Having said that, since the carpet dried out it hasn't got wet again so I have no idea what it was. I still get the smell, which I've come to the conclusion is antifreeze, but where on earth is it coming from?
    One of life's mysteries methinks.
    '98 V70 T5, 17" Mega Panteras, 225 45 Eagle F1 Assymetric 3, Eibach Pros, Bilstein B6s, Strut brace, Ramair cone filter, All polys, No badges except T5.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Funny you have a mad smell, I'm the same. Hough I changed y
    Matrix when changed a interior about a month back. It smells of like burning electrics but def is from the blowers. Has anyone got any idea how to get rid of. I have drove the car for some time with just passengers blower on, full blast with window opened. Still there. Need to get it sorted for the winter as the heated seats won't suffice lol.

Anyone any ideas. Note. The matrix does not leak.
    Bubba

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    I know it wouldn't explain the smell, BUT could it possibly the drain tube from the air con evaporator that's become blocked or even dislodged. If it's blocked then water will collect and then start to fill the blower box and spill into the footwell.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    That was one of the first things I checked Stephen.
    '98 V70 T5, 17" Mega Panteras, 225 45 Eagle F1 Assymetric 3, Eibach Pros, Bilstein B6s, Strut brace, Ramair cone filter, All polys, No badges except T5.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    My foot well is dry now. The matrix was goosed. Its as if there is some sort of coating on it ???
    Last edited by bubba_1986; Thursday 19th July 2012 at 19:44.
    Bubba

Thread Information