Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to OE

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts

Back to OE

I got fed up with the harsh gear changes and erratic on/off throttle lurching so i decided to replace the Poly engine top mount with oe. The lower trans torque mount (small one) i have already poly'd so going back to oe on the top mount was the only way forward.

WOW!!! The gear changes are now smooth again, cabin noise slightly reduced, Turbo noise is more audible than it was before and the erratic lurching that i had before when you come off throttle has gone. Brilliant!!

Cost £50 (inc 12% parts discount)

I am very pleased with the outcome and recommend any V70R/S60R manual owner to do the same. I don't suppose its an issue on the geartronic as the gearchanges are seemless.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts

So you have changed the yellow one in my picture back to standard?
    Thanks
    Martyn

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Yes mate. I had the yellow poly bush the same as you. The latest oe bush is a modified version of the round one. Its square and comes as a complete unit. You cannot buy the bush seperate to the aluminium housing that it sits in.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Do you want to sell the poly top mount?

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    I've just poly'd my top mount, bottom small one has been poly for a while. Although when it's boosting hard, it sounds spectacular, the rest of the time, it's horrible. at idle, it sounds like it's about to fall apart!
    Gonna try drilling the top mount and if that don't work, it's OE for me too.

Wishbone polys are staying tho...
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Wow before everyone used to say there is hardly any in cabin vibration and that it sounds amazing. Im leaving mine on, the slight vibration is only at idle it doesnt cause any rattling
    Thanks
    Martyn

Thanks
    It's all about what you want from the car mate.
    I like the mental sleeper thing with the added "really comfy" bonus

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Im not into rattly cars with squeaks if the mount caused anything like that it would be off
    Thanks
    Martyn

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    pleased i read this, i was thinking about going poly. think ill ust replace all my mounts with oe.

Thanks
    The poly gives a more "live" feel to the car, making you feel more involved with the power and all but idle rpm, heres another thing, since the software update the idle has dropped from 750rpm to 650rpm, the car rattles the cross brace. At 750rpm, its fine.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thats strange, why would they drop the idle, i havnt really checked were mine sits, it is the current S/W I doubt there will be any more updates for our cars now....
    Thanks
    Martyn

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martinrpeachey View Post
    The poly gives a more "live" feel to the car, making you feel more involved with the power and all but idle rpm, heres another thing, since the software update the idle has dropped from 750rpm to 650rpm, the car rattles the cross brace. At 750rpm, its fine.
    Really? I hadn't noticed this. I will check my idle tomorrow morning and report back.

Regards the OE bush....Here's my new shiny one!

A note for you GraemeWelch: I would advise against OE bushes all over the car as you'll be forever replacing them. The point of me taking my Poly bush out is because i'm trying to find the 'Equilbrium'! It's all about how you want the car to feel. Personnaly i found the Poly bush great when i first fitted it. Then i fitted the small poly bush to the lower trans torque mount and things weren't right. Everytime i added a poly bush it revealed another weak spot else where on the car. It was on for over a year and won't be going on again. I would advise that you replace the lower trans torque bush (small one) with poly else you will be replacing them every 6 months. They are truly rubbish. Also poly the wishbones (as mine is) makes a big difference to steering feel. This has however revealed my rack is on its way out, nevermind, the joys of owning an R.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

graemewelch (Monday 16th April 2012)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream3r View Post
    Do you want to sell the poly top mount?
    If i still have it then it's yours. Can't remember if i binned it or not? I will check in the morning fella. Yours for £10 + postage. It will include the Alloy casing to save you having to cut yours out.

Thanks
    When I first got the T5, it hadnt been plugged in since 2003, so when it went in for the new dim, they plugged it in and loaded some updates while they did the DIM software. The idle was 750rpm before and 650rpm now (once the car is up to temp).
    On the upside, I did some fiddling about today in the hope of finding the cause of my rattle at idle. I grabbed engine and rocked it back and fourth, hard and found that the little top mount bush, connecting my new poly to the crossbrace was loose. I tightened it and tadaaa! No more horrible rattling woohoo

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    When I first got the T5, it hadnt been plugged in since 2003, so when it went in for the new dim, they plugged it in and loaded some updates while they did the DIM software. The idle was 750rpm before and 650rpm now (once the car is up to temp).
    Can't speak for the T5 varient but i'm sure it should be the same as there both ME7.1
    Anyhow, i am currently uploading a 6 minute video to Youtube on cold start to warmed up idle in my car. You can see clearly the behaviour of the rev guage and its connection with temps'. It's final resting place was indeed 750rpm.
    My car currently has the latest software and no EML or DTCs stored...I checked that also! watch this thread for video link.....

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Really? I hadn't noticed this. I will check my idle tomorrow morning and report back.

Regards the OE bush....Here's my new shiny one!

A note for you GraemeWelch: I would advise against OE bushes all over the car as you'll be forever replacing them. The point of me taking my Poly bush out is because i'm trying to find the 'Equilbrium'! It's all about how you want the car to feel. Personnaly i found the Poly bush great when i first fitted it. Then i fitted the small poly bush to the lower trans torque mount and things weren't right. Everytime i added a poly bush it revealed another weak spot else where on the car. It was on for over a year and won't be going on again. I would advise that you replace the lower trans torque bush (small one) with poly else you will be replacing them every 6 months. They are truly rubbish. Also poly the wishbones (as mine is) makes a big difference to steering feel. This has however revealed my rack is on its way out, nevermind, the joys of owning an R.
    think ill take yr advise and replace small lower torque mount. my car had a new rack just befor i bought it. reciept for over £500

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    Nope, this one...
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-S60-...item45fd028bf1

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

20. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Martin is correct but this has a picture

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/product-d...+Bush/519.html

22. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

...here we go again...
    Thanks

24. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Monday 16th April 2012)

Thread Information