Join Today
    jimv50
    This user has no status

Unhappy v50 stereo, two questions

Hello to everyone from first time volvo owner.I have a 2006 2.0D V50SE with a couple of minor irritations from the High Performance stereo..

I've noticed that titles of CDs and tracks are either not displayed or are only displayed for a few seconds, is this normal ?

When I swictch over to AUX input I get a low buzzing noise that is just loud enough to be annoying, any ideas what this might be and how I can rid of it.

Jim

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimv50 View Post
    Hello to everyone from first time volvo owner.I have a 2006 2.0D V50SE with a couple of minor irritations from the High Performance stereo..

I've noticed that titles of CDs and tracks are either not displayed or are only displayed for a few seconds, is this normal ?

When I swictch over to AUX input I get a low buzzing noise that is just loud enough to be annoying, any ideas what this might be and how I can rid of it.

Jim
    Yeah it scrolls the track name once then it stops if i remember.
    Never used the AUX I only used the Ipod, could it be your cable?
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I don't think any of my cds display the artist name. Some do display the track name, but it depends what info has been burned on at the pressing stage.

As with Martyn, I only use the ipod too, but I have stopped the input scroll on Aux by mistake and have never noticed and noise. Do you have something plugged into it? Could it be whatever is plugged in that's causing the noise?

Meet Abby, an elegant lady... Still, very willing to go topless in public. All I gotta do is push the right buttons...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubes View Post
    I don't think any of my cds display the artist name. Some do display the track name, but it depends what info has been burned on at the pressing stage.

As with Martyn, I only use the ipod too, but I have stopped the input scroll on Aux by mistake and have never noticed and noise. Do you have something plugged into it? Could it be whatever is plugged in that's causing the noise?
    Was I correct about it only scrolling the full info once Mark then it just stops at the start?
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    It scrolls 3 times I think, then it stops. Funny thing happens on mine: Say, for example, I'm listening to Jason Mraz in the ipod, sometimes it displays Jason Mraz, other times it displays Jason Mra
    It's like the text shifts over to the right slightly. I can't find a pattern as to when or why it does this! Very odd!

Meet Abby, an elegant lady... Still, very willing to go topless in public. All I gotta do is push the right buttons...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubes For This Useful Post:

volvokid (Monday 16th April 2012)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    It scrolls 3 times I think, then it stops. Funny thing happens on mine: Say, for example, I'm listening to Jason Mraz in the ipod, sometimes it displays Jason Mraz, other times it displays Jason Mra
    It's like the text shifts over to the right slightly. I can't find a pattern as to when or why it does this! Very odd!
    Cant say I noticed that, but I'm too busy driving
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    Cant say I noticed that, but I'm too busy driving
    I suppose you've no need to look to see who is playing have you, given that your entire music collection is made up from S Club 7 albums

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I suppose you've no need to look to see who is playing have you, given that your entire music collection is made up from S Club 7 albums
    Pffft back street boys more like, kiddo come on I have a bit of class
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Back Street Boys will just ooze class from your speakers! Ha!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Back Street Boys will just ooze class from your speakers! Ha!
    They sounded better in yours, YES you read that they have been played at full in your C70 mhaaahaaahaaa
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Noooo....
    Why would you speak such nasties?? I'm straight home to jet wash my stereo and speakers!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Noooo....
    Why would you speak such nasties?? I'm straight home to jet wash my stereo and speakers!
    That wont do, they will need replaced as they are tarnished and scarred, I will pay for delivery just send them north please to where they belong.
    Thanks
    Martyn

jimv50
    This user has no status
    Thanks for the prompt replies, some relative to the subject, others not.
    Yes, it shows three times and then just reverts to disc and track numbers.
    I've tried different sources, iPod, iPhone, smart phones of different makes all with a variety of cables.I suspected it was the after market Bluetooth gadget, but the interference is still there even when ignition and Bluetooth is off and key is just pushed into the slot.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Everything is relative...

You say you get interference/buzz when you select Aux, but the stereo doesn't work with just the key pushed into the slot, it has to be in position one. So how do you still get interference?

jimv50
    This user has no status
    Thanks for the reply Cubes, I had another go at it today while the sun was out, trying all the obvious and some of the suggestions.
    No luck, even after fiddling with the aux input volume and swearing at it as well.
    btw, the stereo will work after stopping the car and turning off the ignition and leaving the key in the slot.The steering wheel stereo controls won't work and I have to lean all the way across to the centre console and use the volume knob.
    Found this out when parked up waiting outside the school gates and not by reading the instruction book in true man style.

I now have to accept that the aftermarket Bluetooth is the source of the trouble. There is no way I'm having a go at sorting it out as wires lead all the way into the back and trying to get the dash apart on these cars is a weekend job.

Jim

This user has no status
    Thanks
    You just going to have to put up with it then? Does it always sit just annoyingly above the volume of the music?!

Thread Information