Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts

s60 bumper removal

any one know how its done or got any tips or pics. need to change my head light bulb but need the light out as my hands are to big and the clip has fallen off

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Thieved from another site....

Front bumper removal - S60 2002.

First remove the black trim on the bumper using a wide blade screw driver or similar tool be gentle!!!!.

Undo the bolts x2 holding the bumper cover (12mm socket)
    inside the wheel arches you will see a torx screw undo this until you have just a few threads left holding it on then push the whole screw in, (this pushes the catch holding the bumper cover) which releases the rear edge.

Now look above the grill you will see 5 push button catches.

Push the centres with a small screw driver and remove the catches.

The Bumper cover should now be ready for removal don't forget to undo the fog light connections.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stephenevans99 For This Useful Post:

graemewelch (Wednesday 11th April 2012)

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    dosnt sound to bad. bit extreme for a light bulb though

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    I've been searching for various 'S60 How to.....' over the last week as I'll be the proud owner of a S60 D5 next week, hopefully headlights will be working...lol

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    nice one. anything planed for it. the bulb change shouldnt be to bad if youve got small hands. my hands are like shovels.

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    I fancy having a remap straight away, BUT I've read that the standard IC isn't up to the job and that a custom one will be needed. May just get it remapped anyway and hope for the best...

Just replied to your other thread re: intercooler core suppliers.

Steve

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts

Thumbs down Don't do it......

Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    dosnt sound to bad. bit extreme for a light bulb though
    Mate, removing the bumper will NOT gain you any access to change the bulb!

Also, its a two man job to get the bumper back on cos the side of the bumper doesn't line up easily with the guides on the bumper slides. Trust me, you'll regret it if you remove it.

I assume your needing to change the O/S/F headlight bulb? The N/S is very easy. Once you remove the lid to the ECU box, undo two multi plugs that are attached to the wiring lumes and then lift the lume out the way..access is then quite easy. The bulbs are very easy to get out and back in, not like a conventional H4 set up with the stupid two metal spring affair.

If you really can't do it then i would supervise a mate to do it. Honestly, front bumper removal isn't a 5 minutes job and you will be no better off!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

local-looney (Wednesday 11th April 2012),stephenevans99 (Wednesday 11th April 2012)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Mate, removing the bumper will NOT gain you any access to change the bulb!

Also, its a two man job to get the bumper back on cos the side of the bumper doesn't line up easily with the guides on the bumper slides. Trust me, you'll regret it if you remove it.

I assume your needing to change the O/S/F headlight bulb? The N/S is very easy. Once you remove the lid to the ECU box, undo two multi plugs that are attached to the wiring lumes and then lift the lume out the way..access is then quite easy. The bulbs are very easy to get out and back in, not like a conventional H4 set up with the stupid two metal spring affair.

If you really can't do it then i would supervise a mate to do it. Honestly, front bumper removal isn't a 5 minutes job and you will be no better off!
    most useful....being an s60 owner!!!!

I AWAIT MY PROBING

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    its the head light i want out. its the daft spring and h7 bulb. easy to get at if got small mits. its not that kn uncapable. i do all my own work ie engine rebuilds engine conversions you name it. if i had hands the size of a 7 yr old itd be done by now. im only going to slide it forward enough to get head light out

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post
    I fancy having a remap straight away, BUT I've read that the standard IC isn't up to the job and that a custom one will be needed. May just get it remapped anyway and hope for the best...

Just replied to your other thread re: intercooler core suppliers.

Steve
    cant find i wear posted that question. think ive got to many ideas going on in my head. its turning to mush

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    lol....I know a reputable company who manufacture and supply aluminum cores for ICs. Just let me know if you would like their details.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post
    lol....I know a reputable company who manufacture and supply aluminum cores for ICs. Just let me know if you would like their details.
    if you could pm the details id be very grateful

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Done

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    nice one. anything planed for it. the bulb change shouldnt be to bad if youve got small hands. my hands are like shovels.
    Was it the drivers side by any chance? If so you are suppose to remove the screen wash pipe to gain access.
    Thanks
    Martyn

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    Was it the drivers side by any chance? If so you are suppose to remove the screen wash pipe to gain access.
    yes, i removed everything but still couldnt get my fingers in. hopfully all will be sorted tomora and every oe at work will stop telling me i have a light out

18. The Following User Says Thank You to graemewelch For This Useful Post:

volvokid (Friday 13th April 2012)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I've had mine off and back on single handed a few times now - I had a carpet off cut to rest it face down on when I removed it - needed to flex the sides to get them back on the clips and also had to use a hot soldering iron to fix (by what I call "plastic welding"!) the broken side guides but it was fairly easy I thought.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    For the record removing the screen wash filler neck will not gain you more access.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

21. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick0 View Post
    I've had mine off and back on single handed a few times now - I had a carpet off cut to rest it face down on when I removed it - needed to flex the sides to get them back on the clips and also had to use a hot soldering iron to fix (by what I call "plastic welding"!) the broken side guides but it was fairly easy I thought.
    Just replace them mate, there only £10!!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    For the record removing the screen wash filler neck will not gain you more access.
    It did with me when I was changing bulbs, It might have just helped when i was changing the side lights, come to think of it the main lights aren't close to it
    Last edited by volvokid; Friday 13th April 2012 at 16:27.
    Thanks
    Martyn

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    job now done. a mirror and a fresh head and it went in no probs. turns out i was trying to put the bulb in upside down. dont know what i was thinking

Thread Information