Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Thar she don't blow...

Well, the honeymoon period was shortlived........

The old girl has stopped blowing...... And i don't mean the Mrs, that happened a long time ago...!

Anyways, noticed on the way home from work earlier that the blower on the ECC cut out and didnt kick back in. I initially thought it was a fuse.

However on checking the fuses, they were all fine, i then looked in the handbook and found the part about the air recirculation light and AC off lights flashing for 20 seconds indicating a fault.

Question is, anyone had a similar problem and how much...? lol...!

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    I know this problem popped up a little while ago, hopefully the answer will be with you shortly.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    The lights flashing is just to say theres a fault in the system, usually this would be low pressure, but yours sounds like a bit more than that.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status

Thanks
    Initially the fan kicks in for about 3 seconds, then cuts off again, thats when the lights start to flash.

Surely the system isn't that pernickety, that when the refridgerant level drops the system stops working....???

I did try the AC on the initial drive home and it was blowing cool, but only ran it for about 10 mins to lubricate the system.

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 982 View Post
    Initially the fan kicks in for about 3 seconds, then cuts off again, thats when the lights start to flash.

Surely the system isn't that pernickety, that when the refridgerant level drops the system stops working....???

I did try the AC on the initial drive home and it was blowing cool, but only ran it for about 10 mins to lubricate the system.
    No it wouldn't do that, mine was low on gas last year and it would be cold for a few minutes and then just blow normal again, the fan speed didn't change.

Is it the same when its on auto as when its on the manual fan speed settings?

What about when you set the temp high?
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status

Thanks
    yeah, same thinh happens when on auto or manual, fan kicks in for 3 secs, then cuts out followed by 20 flashes.

Doesn't matter what the temp is on......

Worst thing is my nearest Volvo dealer is in Inverness, no-one near to me with the fault reading software.

In the R club again!!

Thanks
    hi did you get to the bottom of this fault?
    my c70 started this exact same problem today but worked again on way home.
    dob

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    hi did you get to the bottom of this fault?
    my c70 started this exact same problem today but worked again on way home.
    dob
    Im afraid not mate. Not had time to pop down to Inverness to get it checked by Volvo.

My blower now only operates when ignition is switched to position 2, before the car is started. Blower operates at all speeds, however when the car is fired up, it stops completely, and the lights on the unit flash 20 times.

Im not sure of the problem now........

Initially i thought that the motor had packed in, now, and i dont know why, im thinking that it just needs a re-gas...... Although im no mechanic by any means....!

Hopefully when i pop down to Glasgow at the end of the month, i'll be able to get it diagnosed properly.

Hopefully your problem wont be too serious, although i know what a pain in the fandango it is..... No offence P Fandango....!!!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 982 View Post
    Well, the honeymoon period was shortlived........

The old girl has stopped blowing...... And i don't mean the Mrs, that happened a long time ago...!

Anyways, noticed on the way home from work earlier that the blower on the ECC cut out and didnt kick back in. I initially thought it was a fuse.

However on checking the fuses, they were all fine, i then looked in the handbook and found the part about the air recirculation light and AC off lights flashing for 20 seconds indicating a fault.

Question is, anyone had a similar problem and how much...? lol...!
    i took the motor and resistor out, cleaned all connections, and mines been fine since.
    99 C70 T5

10. The Following User Says Thank You to andybrown For This Useful Post:

982 (Saturday 12th May 2012)

Thread Information