Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

does anyone know...

Where i can locate a reasonably priced stainless exhaust for my t5 estate?, i feel its time to let it breathe a bit more as she is still completely standard (now has a rica ecu). its just that everywhere i look they are silly money :-(

help!!

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    I've seen a few second hand systems on the bay for semi-reasonable money but you never know what condition they're in.
    I've been looking for a backbox for mine, just for a bit of a burble but because of the angled piping on my box the ones that are a direct fit are about 200quid! any time I get that kind of money, it goes in the tank lol.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martinrpeachey View Post
    I've seen a few second hand systems on the bay for semi-reasonable money but you never know what condition they're in.
    I've been looking for a backbox for mine, just for a bit of a burble but because of the angled piping on my box the ones that are a direct fit are about 200quid! any time I get that kind of money, it goes in the tank lol.
    I know exactly what you mean, i don't want nothing ridiculously loud, just something with a nice warble, plus its weird having a unmolested example of a car (i like to tweek lol) its a little too quiet (until you give it some beans on a private/closed road/ track of course)

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    That's what I love about mine, all quiet and civil until you prod it with the loud pedal, then it roars like a lion
    Like you say, you don't wanna get yourself a nice exhaust just to find you can't spend any length of time on the motorway due to a deafening drone from under the car.
    as it is, mine's silent at 70 with the cruise on. I like that a lot. My last car was unmolested but it still howled at anything over 65 (2008 nissan note 1.4) made it really unpleasant to drive (not that it wasn't bad enough!)
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Thread Information