Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    This user has no status
    mitchyboy01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Deal, Kent.
    Posts
    1,453
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked 541 Times in 383 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fassi1 View Post
    Does it work on all the phase 2 OBDII volvos?
    That sounds really good.
    Yes mate, works on my P1.5 which has phase 2 software. It really is a great app. If you download it and flick through the screens you will see how good it is. My bluetooth cost 10 and works a treat. I'll find you a link mate. Torque gives everything from MAF airflow, timing advance, revs, Coolant temp, boost, intake temp etc etc. I love it.
    Grey 855R Manual. Totally standard.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to mitchyboy01 For This Useful Post:

    fassi1 (Wednesday 4th April 2012)

  3. #22
    Senior Member
    This user has no status
    mitchyboy01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Deal, Kent.
    Posts
    1,453
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked 541 Times in 383 Posts
    Grey 855R Manual. Totally standard.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to mitchyboy01 For This Useful Post:

    Slomo (Wednesday 4th April 2012)

  5. #23
    Senior Member
    This user has no status
    fassi1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Luton
    Posts
    136
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    What is the long term fuel trim?

  6. #24
    Senior Member
    This user has no status
    fassi1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Luton
    Posts
    136
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchyboy01 View Post
    Yes mate, works on my P1.5 which has phase 2 software. It really is a great app. If you download it and flick through the screens you will see how good it is. My bluetooth cost 10 and works a treat. I'll find you a link mate. Torque gives everything from MAF airflow, timing advance, revs, Coolant temp, boost, intake temp etc etc. I love it.
    Sounds wicked
    I always use diagnostic tools while tunning up the lpg systems and always carry with me scanner with interface cable and other stuff.
    That will make tunning up much easier.

  7. #25
    Senior Member
    This user has no status
    mitchyboy01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Deal, Kent.
    Posts
    1,453
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked 541 Times in 383 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fassi1 View Post
    What is the long term fuel trim?
    I wasn't sure mate so googled it lol here you go

    The short term fuel trim (STFT) refers to immediate changes in fuel occurring several times per second. The long term fuel trims (LTFT) are driven by the short term fuel trims. LTFT refers to changes in STFT but averaged over a longer period of time. A negative fuel trim percentage indicates a taking away of fuel while a positive percentage indicates an adding of fuel.
    Grey 855R Manual. Totally standard.

  8. #26
    Senior Member
    This user has no status
    fassi1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Luton
    Posts
    136
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchyboy01 View Post
    I wasn't sure mate so googled it lol here you go
    That was question to Dave86 regarding to his issue.

  9. #27
    Senior Member
    This user has no status
    mitchyboy01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Deal, Kent.
    Posts
    1,453
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked 541 Times in 383 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fassi1 View Post
    That was question to Dave86 regarding to his issue.
    Oh sorry LOL at least I know now!
    Grey 855R Manual. Totally standard.

  10. #28
    Senior Member
    This user has no status

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    890
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked 356 Times in 276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchyboy01 View Post
    If you have an android phone, download the torque app 2.95 and get a bluetooth reader on ebay 10. You plug the bluetooth into your ECU and using your phone you get ALL and I mean ALL of the realtime data from the ECU. You can read and clear codes and it tells you what the codes are. You can also datalog voltages, ignition timing etc etc. It's the best thing i've ever had on my phone, saves a fortune in guesswork.
    Hello Mitch,
    That sounds very interesting, but i am a thick plank with phones!
    Would this work with a 3gs iphone or my top of the range Garmin satnav i have it, does bluetooth and all that stuff??

    Keith


    Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
    Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

  11. #29
    Senior Member
    I might act crazy but i don't
    smoke crack

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Gravesend
    Posts
    365
    Thanks
    174
    Thanked 56 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fassi1 View Post
    What is the long term fuel trim?
    Going to check after work also going to datalog the o2 sensors etc on the journey home
    Currently driving a BMW 318 because it was cheap

  12. #30
    Senior Member
    This user has no status
    mitchyboy01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Deal, Kent.
    Posts
    1,453
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked 541 Times in 383 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 960kg View Post
    Hello Mitch,
    That sounds very interesting, but i am a thick plank with phones!
    Would this work with a 3gs iphone or my top of the range Garmin satnav i have it, does bluetooth and all that stuff??

    Keith
    Hi keith, the app will only work with the android software version 2.1 or above i think. The Iphone will not support the app.
    Grey 855R Manual. Totally standard.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to mitchyboy01 For This Useful Post:

    960kg (Wednesday 4th April 2012)

  14. #31
    Senior Member
    I might act crazy but i don't
    smoke crack

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Gravesend
    Posts
    365
    Thanks
    174
    Thanked 56 Times in 49 Posts
    According to the torque app this is whats going on when the car is misfiring phones a bit slow when logging but the 4 entries during the misfires are as follows:

    Rpm: 2588
    Boost Pressure (BAR): -0.4
    Engine Load: 21.18 %
    STFT: -7.03 %
    LTFT: -8.59 %
    O2 1: 0.04 V
    O2 2: 0.05 V

    Rpm: 2988
    Boost Pressure (BAR): -0.04
    Engine Load: 53.73 %
    STFT: 3.12 %
    LTFT: -8.59 %
    O2 1: 0.01 V
    O2 2: 0.03 V

    Rpm: 4134
    Boost Pressure (BAR): -0.35
    Engine Load: 75.69 %
    STFT: 0 %
    LTFT: -8.59 %
    O2 1: 0.04 V
    O2 2: 0.05 V

    Rpm: 4185
    Boost Pressure (BAR): +1.07
    Engine Load: 85.88 %
    STFT: 0 %
    LTFT: -8.59%
    O2 1: 0.01 V
    O2 2: 0.02 V

    By the time i got home the LTFT had changed to -7.81 %

    Cant guarantee the accuracy of this as it is just a cheap adaptor and a phone.
    The misfire seems to be getting worse and more importantly when the misfire occurs the car STINKS of petrol
    Currently driving a BMW 318 because it was cheap

  15. #32
    Senior Member
    This user has no status
    mitchyboy01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Deal, Kent.
    Posts
    1,453
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked 541 Times in 383 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave86 View Post
    According to the torque app this is whats going on when the car is misfiring phones a bit slow when logging but the 4 entries during the misfires are as follows:

    Rpm: 2588
    Boost Pressure (BAR): -0.4
    Engine Load: 21.18 %
    STFT: -7.03 %
    LTFT: -8.59 %
    O2 1: 0.04 V
    O2 2: 0.05 V

    Rpm: 2988
    Boost Pressure (BAR): -0.04
    Engine Load: 53.73 %
    STFT: 3.12 %
    LTFT: -8.59 %
    O2 1: 0.01 V
    O2 2: 0.03 V

    Rpm: 4134
    Boost Pressure (BAR): -0.35
    Engine Load: 75.69 %
    STFT: 0 %
    LTFT: -8.59 %
    O2 1: 0.04 V
    O2 2: 0.05 V

    Rpm: 4185
    Boost Pressure (BAR): +1.07
    Engine Load: 85.88 %
    STFT: 0 %
    LTFT: -8.59%
    O2 1: 0.01 V
    O2 2: 0.02 V

    By the time i got home the LTFT had changed to -7.81 %

    Cant guarantee the accuracy of this as it is just a cheap adaptor and a phone.
    The misfire seems to be getting worse and more importantly when the misfire occurs the car STINKS of petrol
    I don't know anything about fuel trim really (need to research) but I can say that if your car is a phase 1 using only a MAF then the boost values will likely be inaccurate as they will only be a calculation of airflow vs rpms. If you use a map sensor it will obviously be spot on.
    Grey 855R Manual. Totally standard.

  16. #33
    Senior Member
    'Ow do
    Haizum74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In me 'ouse
    Posts
    3,448
    Thanks
    919
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 694 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchyboy01 View Post
    I don't know anything about fuel trim really (need to research) but I can say that if your car is a phase 1 using only a MAF then the boost values will likely be inaccurate as they will only be a calculation of airflow vs rpms. If you use a map sensor it will obviously be spot on.
    The torque app has a boost calculation setting in it to select MAP, MAF or ALT. default is on MAP. If that means out lol

  17. #34
    Senior Member
    This user has no status
    fassi1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Luton
    Posts
    136
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    O2 1 is before cat and O2 2 will b after cat.
    Both look like is lean but LTFT -8.59% looks like ECU is trying to lean the mixture as it was too rich and u saying that u can smell petrol.
    O2 sensor is monitoring 4 cylinders all together, not individually so if its misfiring on 1 or on 2, the ECU will be trying to lean the mixture on all 4 cylinders cause it doesnt know which one is running rich.
    If i was u i would take the spurk plugs out and compare them all.
    Some will definitely be darker then the others and that will be the one which is missfiring.
    To make sure that the MAF is not faulty to the test while driving rev it up to the red line and MAF reading should be aboout 80% of engines bhp which means: 200bhp engine will give max MAF reading about 80% of 200 is 160g/s.
    If its a lot less that means MAF is not working correctly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave86 View Post
    According to the torque app this is whats going on when the car is misfiring phones a bit slow when logging but the 4 entries during the misfires are as follows:

    Rpm: 2588
    Boost Pressure (BAR): -0.4
    Engine Load: 21.18 %
    STFT: -7.03 %
    LTFT: -8.59 %
    O2 1: 0.04 V
    O2 2: 0.05 V

    Rpm: 2988
    Boost Pressure (BAR): -0.04
    Engine Load: 53.73 %
    STFT: 3.12 %
    LTFT: -8.59 %
    O2 1: 0.01 V
    O2 2: 0.03 V

    Rpm: 4134
    Boost Pressure (BAR): -0.35
    Engine Load: 75.69 %
    STFT: 0 %
    LTFT: -8.59 %
    O2 1: 0.04 V
    O2 2: 0.05 V

    Rpm: 4185
    Boost Pressure (BAR): +1.07
    Engine Load: 85.88 %
    STFT: 0 %
    LTFT: -8.59%
    O2 1: 0.01 V
    O2 2: 0.02 V

    By the time i got home the LTFT had changed to -7.81 %

    Cant guarantee the accuracy of this as it is just a cheap adaptor and a phone.
    The misfire seems to be getting worse and more importantly when the misfire occurs the car STINKS of petrol
    Last edited by fassi1; Friday 6th April 2012 at 08:18.

  18. #35
    Senior Member
    This user has no status
    mitchyboy01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Deal, Kent.
    Posts
    1,453
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked 541 Times in 383 Posts
    Did you relace the coilpacks in the end?
    Grey 855R Manual. Totally standard.

  19. #36
    Senior Member
    I might act crazy but i don't
    smoke crack

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Gravesend
    Posts
    365
    Thanks
    174
    Thanked 56 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchyboy01 View Post
    Did you relace the coilpacks in the end?
    Going into gsf in exeter tomorrow to get them
    Currently driving a BMW 318 because it was cheap

  20. #37
    Member
    This user has no status
    Neilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fife,Scotland
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave86 View Post
    According to the torque app this is whats going on when the car is misfiring phones a bit slow when logging but the 4 entries during the misfires are as follows:

    Rpm: 2588
    Boost Pressure (BAR): -0.4
    Engine Load: 21.18 %
    STFT: -7.03 %
    LTFT: -8.59 %
    O2 1: 0.04 V
    O2 2: 0.05 V

    Rpm: 2988
    Boost Pressure (BAR): -0.04
    Engine Load: 53.73 %
    STFT: 3.12 %
    LTFT: -8.59 %
    O2 1: 0.01 V
    O2 2: 0.03 V

    Rpm: 4134
    Boost Pressure (BAR): -0.35
    Engine Load: 75.69 %
    STFT: 0 %
    LTFT: -8.59 %
    O2 1: 0.04 V
    O2 2: 0.05 V

    Rpm: 4185
    Boost Pressure (BAR): +1.07
    Engine Load: 85.88 %
    STFT: 0 %
    LTFT: -8.59%
    O2 1: 0.01 V
    O2 2: 0.02 V

    By the time i got home the LTFT had changed to -7.81 %

    Cant guarantee the accuracy of this as it is just a cheap adaptor and a phone.
    The misfire seems to be getting worse and more importantly when the misfire occurs the car STINKS of petrol
    I had the same symptoms a few months back.....when i took my plugs out there was nothing left of them....one diode on one was practically missing...Put new genuine plugs in and was sorted after that.....does sound like an ignition problem with yours somewhere.....process of elimination maybe for you.....which is annoying and expensive!!
    Volvo V40 T4 Sport

  21. #38
    Senior Member
    I might act crazy but i don't
    smoke crack

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Gravesend
    Posts
    365
    Thanks
    174
    Thanked 56 Times in 49 Posts
    Got a set of genuine plugs and low and behold problem solved.
    I know i was told repeatedly got get some genuine ones and ignored it lol I've learnt my lesson.

    Thanks everyone for all your advice (even if i didn't listen)
    Roll on sunday so i can smash it down the strip
    Currently driving a BMW 318 because it was cheap

  22. #39
    Senior Member
    This user has no status

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    890
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked 356 Times in 276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave86 View Post
    Got a set of genuine plugs and low and behold problem solved.
    I know i was told repeatedly got get some genuine ones and ignored it lol I've learnt my lesson.

    Thanks everyone for all your advice (even if i didn't listen)
    Roll on sunday so i can smash it down the strip
    As said in my previous post......a T4 misfiring on boost is nearly always ignition, in fact most turbo motors.....why the T4 is fussy on plugs who know`s but now you can believe it, first hand experience, but others never ever believe it.

    Glad your sorted.
    Last edited by 960kg; Monday 18th June 2012 at 09:53.


    Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
    Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to 960kg For This Useful Post:

    Dave86 (Monday 18th June 2012)

  24. #40
    Senior Member
    'Ow do
    Haizum74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In me 'ouse
    Posts
    3,448
    Thanks
    919
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 694 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 960kg View Post
    As said in my previous post......a T4 misfiring on boost is nearly always ignition, in fact most turbo motors.....why the T4 is fussy on plugs who know`s but now you can believe it, first hand experience, but others never ever believe it.

    Glad your sorted.
    Got to agree with you. Mine did it on my last one and after consultation with folk on here, I bought volvo sparks. No more issues (well until the turbo went lol)


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.
     
ipv6 ready