Join Today

Thread: EBC Pipes

This user has no status
    Thanks

EBC Pipes

Hi all, can anyone tell me which pipes go where? Ie between turbo and EBC? Thanks.
    Owned since 2002. '96 Green 855-R, Manual M56H conversion by Russ @ RT Mech, 82mm rebore, THS Rods, Wiseco Piston kit, Decked Block, Machine work was completed by: www.mandjltd.co.uk, Refurbed head inc skim & 8 new valves, ME7 Ex Manifold, RICA304, Forge Blanking plate, 302mm set-up, PowerFlex Top & Bottom, Front Strut Brace, Miltek Cat-Back, R.I.P, IPD Cone Filter.

Latest update: 10000 miles as at 19/05/13.

To do: Lots (but don't tell Mrs Woody!)

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts

Is this it?
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

woody (Thursday 29th March 2012)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Champion, thanks very much. Great
    Owned since 2002. '96 Green 855-R, Manual M56H conversion by Russ @ RT Mech, 82mm rebore, THS Rods, Wiseco Piston kit, Decked Block, Machine work was completed by: www.mandjltd.co.uk, Refurbed head inc skim & 8 new valves, ME7 Ex Manifold, RICA304, Forge Blanking plate, 302mm set-up, PowerFlex Top & Bottom, Front Strut Brace, Miltek Cat-Back, R.I.P, IPD Cone Filter.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Long story short, I'm only getting 3/4 of the boost I used to get before my rebuild. All the pipes seem to be on the right ports on the EBC. Do you think the oversized bores and head skim etc has effected it?

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    From what little I've learned here, the measured boost is between the turbo and throttle so any loss would be turbo, vac pipes, bcs, vac tree, actuator pipes, actuator spring, recirc valve, manifold gasket etc.
    If the bores are leaking, wouldn't there be signs like dipstick popping out or something?
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks for that. The only reason I mentioned the rebored cylinders was that a slight difference in compression ratio may be a factor? I'm not too fussed at the moment as she is running really well and away from home. Thanks for your pointers though, it'll give me something to go on when I return. Cheers.

This user has no status

Thanks
    If it helps, i have just had an HLM304 map done and so before that i was doing my stage 0 tune so all was correct as possible and my boost had dropped from 10 to about 8psi
    I replaced all the small hoses with new Volvo ones and it was similar, i fitted the ECU re-map and only 12psi so i didn`t want an MBC so i bought a new Boost Control Valve from Volvo £51 and all is superb.
    Good low down grunt then the 5psi boost in 1st about 14 in 2nd and after that 16psi
    3rd and 4th seem the best performing gears.

I have read reports that these BCS or TCV as Volvo call them should be replaced at 100,000, well, it certainly has made a big difference to my performance and when the boost happens for safety of the engine.

I suppose the cost is the stumbling block, i just bit the bullet and it was worth it.

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
    Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

Thread Information