Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Advice, hunting V70 D5 and gearbox querie

Hi All

I went to see a 2002 V70 D5 tonight, 145k fsh and one owner. Now, it seems to hunt briefly every 30 secs or so, but the rev counter doesn't move. I've never seen this before and wondered if anyone has? ETM??

Also, the Auto box shifts fine, but going from neutral to drive gives a sort of clunk, not smooth as I would of thought.

It's an SE spec and does have a few battle scars, but it's up for £2200, so I was
    Thinking it might be worth a punt?

Any advice appreciated
    Thankyou, Goodnight....much love

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    I would expect wear on the gearbox at that mileage so a slight clunk is nothing really to worry about. If it went 'Bang' then thats a different matter!

As for the hunting every 30 secs, i doubt its ETM as it would be generally erratic all the time. The only way to be sure is A) EML...is it on? and B) Read the codes.

I wouldn't advise buying any V70 without taking a code reader with you. You can insist that you read the codes before starting the car. Make a note of them and then clear. Then take car for a road test for at least 10 miles. Once back at sellers house, re read the codes and note if any are present. WHat codes come back will relate to a 'current' fault. You can then ring your garage and get them to check to see what it relates to.

I did it when i bought mine and managed to knock off £200 as i had a duff ETM.

If its up for £2200 then i wouldn't pay more than £2000 cash!! He will be expecting you to barter and knock them down. Having a code reader just gives you more ammunition to haggle. Without one, your buying blind.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Thread Information