Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Thumbs up It pays to do your homework!

I am replacing the fuel pressure sensor on my R so did some internet digging, with interesting results:-

The Volvo part number is 30756097 and costs £184.80.

However Bosch, Ford, and Land Rover also have part numbers for the same item.

The prices are as follows:-

Bosch £114.67, (via Emissions Controls)
    Ford £49.16, (from local dealer)
    Land Rover £66.65, (from local dealer)

A MASSIVE £135.84 difference between the cheapest and the Volvo price.

I have ordered the Land Rover one as they could get it same day, Ford dealer said "it could take a week" and clearly was not interested in doing any work today.
    S60 D5, 2002
    BMW 545i touring

"The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,912 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Crikey bob! Thats a massive difference. Just goes to show. Did you just do a few simple searches?

Reminds me of a MAF sensor I replaced on a friends BMW 323 which was a Bosch part costing over £300. It turned out however VW use an identical part but with a VW stamp and that cost little under £200.

Its legalized theft!
    Arguing is pointless....she may not be right but she's never wrong

Tell her a remap is just having your satnav updated.....

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Why did you have to replace it? Was it causing problems?
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    The engine light keeps coming on, with a fuel pressure sensor fault ECM 2900.

No other symptoms, It is running fine. My local indi recommended that the sensor be changed as the next course of action.

He also helpfully suggested that it is a piece of p..ss to change and do it myself.

So, no doubt when I change it later I will find out how true that is!

Any other suggestions to clear the fault, like a nice BSR exhaust!!!
    S60 D5, 2002
    BMW 545i touring

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Moose View Post
    Crikey bob! Thats a massive difference. Just goes to show. Did you just do a few simple searches?

Reminds me of a MAF sensor I replaced on a friends BMW 323 which was a Bosch part costing over £300. It turned out however VW use an identical part but with a VW stamp and that cost little under £200.

Its legalized theft!
    I've not collected it yet, but am told that it should have volvo on the Land Rover part!!
    S60 D5, 2002
    BMW 545i touring

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauld View Post
    I've not collected it yet, but am told that it should have volvo on the Land Rover part!!
    Really? I come across LR parts where i work, never noticed any to have volvo stamped on them.

If you have the actuall LR part number, i could probably even tell you how much the cost price is.

Its eye watering how much cheaper some of the parts are at cost price and thats how much it is for LR to buy them, they cost even less to make.

The whole car industry is a complete rip off when you get under the surface.
    Last edited by LiamT4; Monday 26th March 2012 at 17:14.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

Old Fart
    Weston on the Mud Somerset or in it if you get the tide wrong.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamT4 View Post

The whole car industry, is a complete rip off when you get under the surface.
    To right the Lambda sensors are Bosch units, when we took Christine in to a Indie Volvo dealer they wanted to change a newly fitted one for one with Volvo on it. The reason they gave was it didn't have Volvo on it so they couldn't guarantee the work. The stupid thing was the work was nothing to do with the Lambda sensors!!!!

I have a feeling that there are some people that think that if you drive a Volvo you are made of money.
    “If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson (1778)

Did you know the EU says that you can't claim that drinking water prevents dehydration. So now you know for sure what many of have known for years that the EU is run by a bunch of nutters.

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcine_Aviator View Post
    To right the Lambda sensors are Bosch units, when we took Christine in to a Indie Volvo dealer they wanted to change a newly fitted one for one with Volvo on it. The reason they gave was it didn't have Volvo on it so they couldn't guarantee the work. The stupid thing was the work was nothing to do with the Lambda sensors!!!!

I have a feeling that there are some people that think that if you drive a Volvo you are made of money.
    I come across parts that sell to the public for over 5X what they cost to buy and thats probably twice what it costs the manufacturing company to actually make.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status

Thanks
    Really? I come across LR parts where i work, never noticed any to have volvo stamped on them.

If you have the actuall LR part number, i could probably even tell you how much the cost price is.

Its eye watering how much cheaper some of the parts are at cost price and thats how much it is for LR to buy them, they cost even less to make.

LR005493 or LR000524

My guess is under £10.00
    S60 D5, 2002
    BMW 545i touring

This user has no status

Thanks
    I come across parts that sell to the public for over 5X what they cost to buy and thats probably twice what it costs the manufacturing company to actually make.
    Trade discount used to be 98% off Manufacturers recommended retail price, for lightbulbs!

Not sure what is is now..
    S60 D5, 2002
    BMW 545i touring

This user has no status

Thanks

Part collected. The box says Land Rover, the contents says Volvo!
    S60 D5, 2002
    BMW 545i touring

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pauld For This Useful Post:

Jamest5r (Tuesday 27th March 2012),M-R-P (Tuesday 27th March 2012)

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    Your about right for the cost.

I always thought LR were taking the pee with what they charge for bits, but compared to the price that volvo wanted for that part, they seem cheap.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi,
    What was the part number in the end for the Landrover sensor?
    Also did it have the volvo part number on the new part?
    Thanks Rogerb

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerb View Post
    Hi,
    What was the part number in the end for the Landrover sensor?
    Also did it have the volvo part number on the new part?
    Thanks Rogerb
    LR015294

yes, the part number and "volvo", together with "bosch" and the bosch part number

And, it did only take half an hour to change!
    Last edited by Pauld; Wednesday 28th March 2012 at 11:04.
    S60 D5, 2002
    BMW 545i touring

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauld View Post
    I am replacing the fuel pressure sensor on my R so did some internet digging, with interesting results:-

The Volvo part number is 30756097 and costs £184.80.

However Bosch, Ford, and Land Rover also have part numbers for the same item.

The prices are as follows:-

Bosch £114.67, (via Emissions Controls)
    Ford £49.16, (from local dealer)
    Land Rover £66.65, (from local dealer)

A MASSIVE £135.84 difference between the cheapest and the Volvo price.

I have ordered the Land Rover one as they could get it same day, Ford dealer said "it could take a week" and clearly was not interested in doing any work today.

well done chief

Thread Information